Ctrl-Alt-Delete makes fun of Mac ads (contains NSFW Language...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, May 13, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502

Mainyehc

Meh...

I'm a regular reader of CAD, and I know that Tim Buckley loves to pick on the Mac... However, his humor on the Mac platform has just deteriorated to a whole new level (some of his jokes were actually funny, but this one is just bland). That doesn't mean I'll stop reading his comic; however, I think I (and we all, I guess) will have the last laugh when Apple introduces the Mac Pro in WWDC. :D

3. macrumors 68000

4God

Right you are! I can't wait to see what the new specs will be. :D

4. macrumors 6502

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

It's just spite. I was actually looking forward to some clever comeback.

irmongoose

7. macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    How can it say no one gives a ****, when he gives a **** enough to make a parody of the ad. If the Mac were SO inconsequential it wouldnt have people talking--good or bad.
    EDIT:

OK i didn't know that would get edited, I used the word that is in the ad that begins with an S, and is commonly used to describe fecal matter.

It is also commonly seen on the back of cars preceding the word "happens." ;)

8. macrumors 6502

e-clipse

9. macrumors 6502a

Shamus

I found the first square kinda funny, and true I suppose. But then the following squares just started to be 'lame', with no wit or real humour.

10. macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

11. macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Does that mean you found it hilarious?

12. macrumors member

It's as bad as that old switch spoof where the guy trashes a coloured iMac. Humorless and 'factually challenged'.

13. macrumors 68000

I'd agree that the first cell has a point, but the rest is just crap.

And, on the subject of the title, when have CAD not made fun of Macs?

14. macrumors 6502a

I actually find it kinda funny. If you can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at? Apart from people from run down areas >_>

15. macrumors 6502a

jimN

Too right!

To be honest it seems like a lot of people have taken the bait here which i'm sure means more to the author than anyone finding it funny.

16. macrumors G4

Mord

"I don't hate Macs. I just hate people like you and enjoy pissing you off."

thats his stance he's just trying to get a rise out of you so everyone stop writing him angry emails.

17. macrumors G4

Oh, come on everyone. Apple were asking for this with that ad campaign. I'm surprised it's taken this long for a parody to appear.

18. macrumors 6502a

simX

Yeah, not fond of the Get a Mac ads, either, but then again, I'm not a fan of this comic.

I decided a few weeks back to remove Ctrl-Alt-Del from my daily comics that I read, because it had just begun getting lame. (... especially ever since the marriage proposal, when I think it jumped the shark.) I saw this linked from somewhere else, and it just solidified my desire not to read Ctrl-Alt-Del anymore.

But whatever.

19. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Of course the Apple ads are asking for it. The whole scheme is so in-your-face that there ought to be some response from those who hate Macs. I'd love it if someone from that group can actually come up with a good comeback, because this attempt is, as others have paraphrased, lame.

irmongoose

20. macrumors member

Well, CAD isn't all about subtle jabs. It's very straight to the point, in your face humour. I just think those ads were asking for it, it was bound to happen.

I'll agree though that the line about Macs not even getting negative attention... that can hardly be true if he took the time to write that comic, :p.

21. macrumors 6502a

I found the bit to be funny. But that's what you get when u make ads that are so smug.

22. macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

I sent the link in linking to the image rather than the comic because today's would change. If anybody wants the actual comic, it's here.

I think the whole Justin Long, Mac and John Hodgman, PC thing is because Apple's just personifying each platform. I mean, Macs are "young"-style, hip, friendly and cool. PC's (especially in the business world) are cold, boring and not friendly.
    Most of the time.

23. macrumors 603

wordmunger

I think it's actually pretty funny. Not hilarious, but it makes a good point. If Macs ever get as popular as Windows, they'll have their share of viruses. OTOH, the virus situation right now is a very good argument for moving to macs.

24. macrumors newbie

25. macrumors member

People actually read CAD? Why? Its never been funny, and there are far better alternatives out there. PA, PvP, VGCats, Sluggy, AppleGeeks, MacHall, Real Life... tons of others out there.