Cuba and the US Collaborate On Weather

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by CubaTBird, Aug 31, 2006.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

So there's an embargo on importing and exporting products from either country, but the weather reports... No that's "okay" because it saves lives. Hypocrisy if you ask me. It's like "yeah we need your American weather technology to talk to our weather guys down here so you can HELP US predict the next storm.. cuz' you know.. we wanna save us some cuban lives... BUT... ANYTHING ELSE from your country.. GET OUT..

go fig...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060831/ap_on_re_us/us_cuba_weather_cooperation

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

So we save some Cuban lives..that good right? Also we are going to look at storms that are near Cuba, because they are near to the USA, so why does it matter if we share? We do this to save inocent lives because there are Cubans who disagree with the Cuban government on their outlook of the USA. Would you want to be helped out based on how nice the current US government is to forgien countrys?

3. Henri Gaudier macrumors 6502a

Henri Gaudier

I don't get your attitude CubaTBird...

.. the article clearly states that this partnership is saving lives in both countries. At least in this one area America is doing the right thing. It's good that common sense has prevaled. I much prefer this to the normal bullying and idiocy of US foreign policy towards Cuba.