Cube graphics/display question...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by gotohamish, Jan 6, 2003.

1. gotohamish macrumors 65816

gotohamish

Hi all,

I have two G4 cubes, each with their own 15" ADC Studio Display LCD screens. However, I want to mirror the two screens connected to one Cube. The graphics card has ADC and VGA, is there a way to run two ADV monitors from a Cube? I NEED to find this out soon.

Cheers
    Hamish

PS, I don't have them here, but the original white 15" LCDs (frosted plastic not the graphite ones) were ADC weren't they? I have an earlier Blue monitor that is AppleVGA. HELP!!!

2. insidedanshead macrumors regular

There's good news.. and bad news.. the good news is that there is VGA to ADC adapters (although EXPENSIVE).. the bad news is, is that the Cube has a Geforce 2MX grfx card which DOES NOT support dual monitors.. it will only send a signal to one monitor. Now there is external hardware you can buy that will replicate a signal coming out of a card and allow you to hook up another monitor but because your moniter is ADC.. you'd have to fork over a lot of money with converters.. ADC is conveinent in some apects but a nightmare in others.. hoped I helped

3. gotohamish thread starter macrumors 65816

gotohamish

Well, the two cubes I have are tied up all day running their two monitors with presentations running all day, identically. If I could get one machine to mirror the two monitors, I would have a free cube to play with, so a little expense might be cheaper than a new cube!

What's the hardware you mention, and where can it be purchased? Also, all the original Apple spec sheets say the Cubes came with a custom-made ATI Rage 16MB, not a GeForce2MX. Either way, the ATI card can't mirror from two ports!!

Thanks for your reply, I look forward to more.
    Hamish