Cube Video card question

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by TheMasin9, Apr 19, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

Hey all, i have the standard cube video card a rage 128 and i was wondering if anyone knew if there was tv out supported by the vga. I was looking at buying something like
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-VGA-to-TV-C...713901093QQcategoryZ41999QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    instead of buying a whole new video card with svideo. I just wanted to know if the cube had this capability, i want to turn mine into a media center as cheap as possible.

Thanks

2. macrumors 68000

disconap

There are card that will work, but they aren't cheap. They aren't THAT expensive, either, but stock they're around $110 low end, as far as I've been able to find. Your other option is to either flash a PC card or buy a flashed one from someone who does that; there are a couple places to find more info on that, strangedogs' and cubeowner's forums are both good sources of info and people.

But yeah, that converter should work, I've never tried one of them before but at $.99 it's worth a shot. Whatever you choose, keep that baby running! Cubes are awesome...

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

anyone

does anyone have any experience with this kind of adapter?