Cubs the NL champs

Discussion in 'Community' started by tazo, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Waluigi macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2003
    Here's hoping to a Red Sox vs. Cubs World Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Foxer macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Re: Cubs the NL champs

Not quite yet.

As a diehard Giants fan, I warn you not to underestimate the pesky Marlins. On the other hand, as a diehard Cubs hater...
  3. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Jul 22, 2002
    Tacoma, WA
    yup, the cubs are the division champs. Still a very good title to have.

4. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    i knew something like this could be a possibility, but i just never thought this year

i think the cubs will get past the marlins, and the red sox past the yankees...but the red sox have to get past barry zito and the As first...tonight will tell all

i wanted the giants in the nlcs championship series and i thought for sure this was almost a given, and maybe the marlins can shock us all and go all the way and win this would be a cinderalla story
  5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    I think the cubs have a shot, I'm not a cubs zealot or someone whos been saying next year for the past 95 years. I think they have a strong team this year, I'd like to seem the go really far, at the same time everyone announcer in the country has been saying that flrodia has been plaiyng likegreat baseball since May, that poses a problem. It also matters on how our pitching works out, there were alot of groin injuries in this past series and we've got 2 excellent startes...not 3. The weridest thing about the cubs is that everyone cares, i was on a train bac kto school during the game last night, and nearly 20 guys were scrambled around a one inch screen. On friday when my friends flew in from the east coast, they said every 100 feet people were glued to the TV's kind of like zombies he had never see naytihng like it...

bottomline; cubs have a good thing going this year, the have potential and good fans, If they make it to the world series me and my floor are going to party hard
  6. Foucault macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    its the end of the world as we know it and i feel fine

I think hell has just frozen over...
    and I saw pigs flying outside my window...
    I think the four horsemen of the apocalypse are on their way.
  7. macphoria macrumors 6502a

Nov 29, 2002
    Cubs just lost. What a disappointment. Scratch that. What a heartbreak.

I don't know about the whole curse thing, but they just don't seem to get a break.
  8. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

Dec 30, 2002
    Chicago, IL, USA
    could randal simon have swung the bat worse? JEEZ! Whif, Whif, Whoaaaaa, Whif.

oh well. i was hoping for a crazy night in wrigleyville. i guess a crazy night at Macrumors will have to do.
  9. dynamicd macrumors 6502

Jul 16, 2002
    I think after the game, a billygoat and marlin were found leaving a room together with the billgoat smoking a cigarette and the marlin looking very relaxed. Not sure what they did in there though. ;)