Discussion in 'Community' started by wrxguy, Aug 20, 2005.

1. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

Jul 4, 2005
    Deepest Regions of Hell
    just to let all the other Curb your enthusiasm fans out there that the new season starts Sept 25!!!
    Im so excited about this...if any of you have never seen this show and are fans of sienfeld you will love this show...LarryDavid is the creater of seinfeld and once seinfeld ended he started his own show that is quite similar but it is on HBO so it is a little more "raw" but just as funny...deffinitly worth checking out!!
  2. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2003
  3. iBlue macrumors Core

Mar 17, 2005
    London, England
    LOVE the show!
    a family member of mine actually does post production work for this show (also a mac user by the way ;)) and a lot of other HBO series' - well a lot of everything. :)
  4. quackattack macrumors 6502a

Aug 13, 2004
    Boise, ID

Can't wait, it has been way too long since we had new Curb!
  5. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

Feb 20, 2004
    in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    We struggle to get it in this country ..... it's only on obscure channels in requently changing late-night schedule filling slots :( .... in fact I can't actually remember them airing series 4 in the UK.
  6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    Started watching Series 1: the first 4 episodes on subscription DVD last night -- (similar to Netflix). Have the rest of entire series to get through today...

IMHO A couple of the episodes so far have been hilarious, another one or two less so and have been a little predictable. Still good though.

Like the attention to detail: the receptionist that always has to get off the phone and how each episode builds on the previous ones.

I love stuff like this and The Larry Sanders Show though. As I don't have a TV, DVD is the only way I get to see new series like this... as Savage Henry pointed out, UK broadcasters are pretty half-hearted about these type of shows. We probably have reruns of Friends still clogging up Channel 4 but anything comedic and HBO-like without a laugh track gets shunted around the schedules like something they're slightly embarassed about.

Edit: Also noticed lots of Macs on the show as props. :)
  7. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    The first few seasons are on DVD now -If you have a Netflix-type of service there or a rental house you should rent as much as you can. Honestly I wasn't into the first season until watching it a second time. There's something to be said about humor based on uncomfortable moments.

HBO has had the best tele in the recent years - CYE, Six Ft. Under, OZ, Sopranos, The Wire, Carnival, etc. They really let the writers and actors explore subjects that networks don't give the time to. They also give the series time to blossom that networks do not a

Blue Velvet - I'm so sorry for the export of total crap like "Friends" clogging up your airwaves there. It's banal sitcoms like those thats make cringe when I'm traveling and people say "Oh, your an American - is New York just like Friends?"