Curiosities: Mac OS X on a Bondi Blue iMac

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 12, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors regular

running on my tangerine iMac

I've got Panther running fine on my tangerine iMac. I'm typing on it at this very moment. :)

I have upgraded my processor though, but it's still a G3 (500 MHz, instead of the original 266 MHz). But what I really appreciate is the Firewire port that came with the upgrade. Now iTunes and my iPod work great with my old iMac too! :D

3. macrumors regular

Just passed my Bondi Blue on to my parents, with an upgraded processer.

Its running Jagwire very happily.:D

4. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Hm... I never dared to try to install it on 10.0, 10.1 or 10.2... maybe 10.3 is the lift it needed?

:eek:

5. macrumors 6502

i've got some old imac's, but newer than the bondi imac's, i've got a 350 mghz, 7 gig hard drive, and 128 megs of ram, and currently using 10.3.2 runs great, a little slow, but its good enough to use safari or basic games

6. macrumors 6502

I installed Mac OS 10.2 on a Bondi Blue rev A iMac with 96MB of RAM, it was rather slow. Later I installed OS 10.3 onto it and it works much faster, I'm sure if I upgraded the RAM it would work even better.

7. macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

same here no probs bought panther slaped it in the cdrom and not looked back since. Do need more memory though at times its a bit too slow