Curious about others reactions to this iPhoto video on world trade center attack.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Grokgod, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

I was on SpyMac checking out something and I saw this video that was made with iPhoto and was curious about what others on this board think about it.

Is it good?
    Is it pretentious or sad or what?

What do you think?

I tried posting the link here but it didnt work

The link is on Spymacs main page under
    "Changed Now and Forever"

Under Tech new , on the lower portion of the main page...

Its about the world trade center attack....

2. Classic macrumors regular

Video

Other than the massive copyright infringements, I think t's pretty powerful. What wouldn't be though given what happened and those images that were captured.

In terms of how this person put them together though, I think it's done wuite well. The progression of the the images in correlation to the music takes you through the initial horror and shock, to the awakening, coming together, and then pride and hope for the future.

My two cents.

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm surprised this hasn't had more responses yet...

I must say....I teared up watching that...

4. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

I really dug the ending picture. The two blue beams of lights. It showed hope for the future.

and yes, it made me teary eye in the end too

5. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

sure. It is impressive. The shots really are powerful, yes. But the thing I couldn't help but notice was how incredibly out of place, confused, etc. our "president" was looking. He looks particularly posed and coached throughout. No real emotion on him. Look so staged.

if those were removed, it would have been totally moving. But seeing Bush's little monkey face just reminds me who's running our ship and exactly how that scares me so.

I can only imagine it getting worse until we stop electing hack politicians and do something that gets someone in office truly deserving of the job.

Bushie surely isn't.

All in all, a very good representation, although I do think that the choice of song was a little poor-- U2's "One" was basically a paeon to AIDs victims.....also, it's a bit jingoistic in a sense-- "we're one, but we're not the same." is that some sort of commentary that, yes, we and those "a-rabs" sure are humans, but we're not the same, we're better. we're AMERICAN. That's kinda what it felt like to me.

That said, i'm not fairly patriotic....

6. job macrumors 68040

job

Me too.

7. Grokgod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

I feel that the images were powerful and interesting and its certainly a tearful time in America.

I also question the music and if it was applicable to the theme, I found myself questioning it after the inital viewing.

8. job macrumors 68040

job

I was wondering about that as well. It seemed a bit too *cheerful.* What song was that anyways? I think something by Enya may have been a bit more appropriate IMO.

9. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

U2's "one"

Not a very happy song (although upbeat and hopeful) and certainly not really applicable.

But a friend of mine and I were having a discussion about music and advertising (amongst other things) and how the people making ads rarely pay attention to songs with a message. They kinda "Hear what they want" which is fine on certain levels, but there are times when the artist has a message....and it should be researched a bit. It's like throwing a bunch of red on a poster displayed in japan

10. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Nice, I just downloaded it to my computer.

I was so hurt when that happend. I have a saying now: "After sep. 11th I believe in anything". I say that ever time some one tell me "Can you believe that?"

All what we are living during all this years are just the result of ignorance and indiference.

Right now I was argued with my girlfriend because my older brother (34) asked to my father for some money (about $5000) my father just made, my brother started a bussiness and I told every one that bussiness wouldn't last more than 6 months. I was wrong, it last less than a month. My father had to got (he is going actually) to radiotherapy because of a prostate cancer he had last year, the ammount of the radiotheraphy is about $4.500, of course the insurance didn't cover it up and we had to used our savings (that are not more than $6.000. To pay the entire thing, mean while my brother is back home and doing other things here. No one wants to talk about it or argue with him except for me and every body is telling me "let him be".

The point is that we let bad things go by in place of facing them when there is a chance, and everything start to acumulate. Hate, corruption, ignorance, incomprehention, etc. THe WTC was the result of all that, something that could be stoped from our own houses.

The solution: to share before everything, to reconized, to comprehend, to negociate for the good of all, not for just one part.

11. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. I think Bush being in it was perfect. Mike, no offense, but why ruin something that was done so well. He looked like we looked. I am not even going to respond if you disagree, I just think it was perfect.

12. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

Thanks for pointing that out Grokgod, for had you not mentioned it, I probably wouldn't have even noticed. Very powerful, expecially with the closing image of the beams of light.

Bill

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

interesting note about the beams.... it was very tough to see from my angle where i live in the city (union square)... and really, they seemed to be kinda weak to me.... but seeing the pic, seems like at least from afar, and a better angle, they were quite visible... cool.

cool movie. indeed emotional...