Current Game With The Best Graphics?

Discussion in 'Games' started by thechris69, Feb 1, 2006.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

Ive played many games, but none have really made my jaw drop at the graphics, some say its half life 2, half life 2 just has amazing and realisting physics, the graphics are awesome, but a bit to dull if you ask me, Far Cry is one game that i stop what im doing to just look at the scenery, nothing else really blows my mind when i play, any thoughts/comments?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

PC or consoles?

PC - F.E.A.R/Far Cry
    xbox - Far Cry:whatever, Ninja somthing of that rather
    PS2 - shadow of the colossus
    GC - RE4

Bless

3. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

Best graphics for ANY current game that blow you away when you play, pc or consoles, any platform

4. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Half-Life 2 on the PC... Project Gotham Racing 3 or Call of Duty 2 on the Xbox 360.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I forgot about the 360. Hands down call of duty2 and condemned.

Bless

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

COD2 did not blow me away at all...
    HalfLife 2 was very nice, but not awe-inspiring...
    FarCry I enjoyed more than HalfLife 2 & Doom 3 combined...

Fight Night Round 3 demo graphically impressed me the most so far...
    Even with it's odd graphic flaws that detract..

Some of the ps3 demo's look amazing, but they aren't actual footage of gameplay so there is a big ? overthem...

TimeShift
    Prey
    GhostRecon : Advanced Warfare
    Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Gear's Of War
    Unreal Tournament 2007
    MGS 4

all look very promising on the eye candy front, whether they leave me in awe like Mario 64 did back in 1996, I'll wait and see...

8. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

I think battlefield 2 looks fairly nice played on an Alienware Aurora 7500...;)

9. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Resi 4 on the 'Cube is amazing, and if it was in a higher resolution, it'd be unbelievable :eek:

10. MisterEd macrumors 6502

I thought that was mostly pre-rendered? or is that another Resi title...

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

That's Resident Evil 5 on XBox 360 and PS3. Resident Evil 4 is already out, I doubt that it can be pre-rendered ;)

12. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

13. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

well, Im not sure about 'best; because someone could say that zelda the windwaker is the 'best' graphically, but the most demanding game avialable is F.E.A.R. for the PC, even more demanding than any 360 game, remember, all the current 360 games are only using 1 of 6 threads, so they arent that demanding

14. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

windwaker did look cool but that type of graphics would not work well for most things.

15. wnameth macrumors 65816

wnameth

i played that over the summer this year, it was most definitely the best game (also had the best graphics) for the GC. It can hold it's ground with 360 games i think.

now i am waiting to receive my replacement (well im waiting to return my xbox 360 to microsoft. i played it for 15minutes and it started with the freezing)

so since i gave my gamecube to my dad, and sold my EA 06 games.. i have nothing to play other then my dads Tiger 06, game... this SUCKS!

16. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Games that attempt to be realistic or gritty often get overlooked because their visuals aren't as colorful or imaginative - still, I think CoD 2 is one of the best ever.

17. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I agree. I could play that game over and over and still be amazed by the graphics every time.

18. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

When I got my 360, I also bought CoD with it. I really like the game, but the first one that blew me away was the Fight Night Demo. Everyone I show it to is shocked in amazement. The way you can see the sweat on them and how the skin moves under the light, it really is amazing.

I watched the preview for new Ghost Recon coming out for the 360 and that also looks incredible.

19. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

I retract my joking comment earlier (Starcraft) I forgot about this Fight Night Demo, my friend has a 360 and this game is easily the most realistic game I've ever seen. I thought he was watching boxing and I forced him to show me he was actually controlling the game, it was so real.

20. senseibiz macrumors regular

21. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

It's the first in the series to be real-time from a 2nd person perspective

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

In terms of atmosphere, Metroid Prime has THE most realistic atmosphere of any game I've played.

In terms of how demanding it is on the system and the amount of effects, I haven't seen it in action but if it's anything like the trailers, that would go to the Fight Night Round 3 demo, one of the first REAL next gen games.

BLEH! From what I hear, you'd get a better framerate by drawing cars on a series of papers and flipping the pages really fast.

23. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Condemned by the same developers looks better than FEAR and has a far more solid frame rate...

Look at the rat's in FEAR... They look like lego bricks in comparison to Condemned.

The Wall Textures in FEAR are also less realsitic than the debris shattered walls of Condemned...

Both FEAR & CONDEMNED suffer from same bloody enemy's over and over again, but at least on CONDEMNED you do get to become face to face with them..

BLOOM lighting in CODEMNED is nicer than FEAR...

FEAR is a great looking game, and alot of top end pc's still stutter with it running at 1280x1024 with anti-aliasing turned off.... but the fact that the xbox 360 is capable of running CONDEMNED at 1920x1080i with 4x antialiasing and hardly a dropped frame in sight speaks more volume about the quality we should expect to see in the next year or so.. For a launch title, CONDEMNED is a stroke of genuine gobsmacking lovliness.......

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I say that 'best graphics' are graphics that suit a game best and give off the best emotion, even if they are not demanding to the system. Which is why, like I said ages before, Windwaker does it for me. Everything fits and works right visually. The whole game is like runny butter melting over things... somehow.
    Prime was VERY atmospheric, like what GFLPraxis said, When you walk past a steam pipe I can feel the heat. My body tingles when I'm running away from something big (like those icey/bull things in MP1). when I jump I can feel my body is in midair, my stomach tingles! It's truly a remarkable game just for the feeling. I worry too much about what the Rev controller will do to Metroid Prime 3, take the games already natural feel and add a realistic arm for Samus... It's going to be scary!

demanding though? I'd say Doom 3. I've played HL2 many times with bloom and that-new-lighting-system but it just doesn't compare to Doom 3. though you need a much more powerful system to run Doom 3. 1024*768 in ultra graphics (highest I can run it at a nice speed) just makes the demon folk look unbelievable.

Best 2D graphics? Yoshi's Island :D beautiful game that be. Wonderful slice of graphics pie.