Current Goals

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eric/, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Guest

eric/

What are some current goals or things your working on? 1 year timeframe, preferably.

Since I'm currently working, here are a few of mine that are in progress:

Begin learning German on Rosetta Stone
    Swim again
    Become familiar with C programming with Xcode

How about you guys?

2. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I'd like to learn to program in general. Unfortunately, I'm on my own- not in a University, or anywhere that I could receive classes (besides the interwebs). Do have a library with good (recent) programming books.

3. macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

Well, my current goals include graduating with my Bachelors in Accounting (should be this July!)
    And then getting a job doing accounting some place.

It's scary starting out on my own. :confused:

4. thread starter Guest

eric/

I'm learning on my own right now. Basically just going through tutorials and reviewing how to do things.

5. malman89, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013

macrumors 68000

I'm actually working on re-learning German. Took it for a few years on and off and on and off again (8th/9th grade and then Jr/Sr year college).

I've got Rosetta Stone and then I found this kind of cool website called duolingo that I started using as well.

Besides that, mostly financial goals.

- Bump emergency funds to 4 months minimum, 6 ideally (probably sitting at 3)
    - Pay off one student loan in full (while still making payments on the others naturally)
    - Save more in general (separate from emergency savings. Already increased automatic withdrawals - so far, so good on that)

6. macrumors newbie

Training for a half marathon some time this year. I'm considering the Las Vegas 1/2 in December.

7. thread starter Guest

eric/

Yeah I think it's going to be very difficult to really learn German without speaking/reading.writing all the time. But I think I'm going to check out that website and some others to help me at least learn vocabulary.

8. macrumors 6502

JoshMKB24

Move either downtown Chicago or Scottsdale AZ or possibly back home to Los Angeles. That will also impact my other goal of getting another sports car this summer, depending on where I live and how much I have to spend on a house/condo............