Current major bugs in Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Yixian, Jun 13, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Hey guys just wondering what the current major issues you have had with Mavericks are, I'm talking issues that will prevent this from being your daily OS in it's current DP1 form.

So far I know that Adobe Flash doesn't seem to work, but other than that I've not heard of any major bugs and it seems to be very stable..

2. macrumors 601

No major bugs (Flash works btw.), just some applications don't work (e.g. Parallels), which can be annoying

3. macrumors newbie

After waking from sleep or screen saver it doesn't ask for your password to gain access. Even with 'Require Password Immediately after sleep or screen saver begins' is ticked.

Anyone else experiencing this?

4. macrumors 6502

MacReloaded

Flash works.

Using full screen apps on multiple displays is very buggy. Couldn't get the menu bar to show up to exit full screen. The dock wouldn't show up. Used the keyboard shortcut to get out of full screen but the window simply disappeared.

5. macrumors member

does anyone know if Logic Pro 9 and Ableton Live 9 work with Mavericks Beta?

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

I have seen YouTube vids where people are prompted to upgrade Flash despite having the latest version and get the "plug in needed" error over Flash videos.. Maybe it's an isolated problem.

7. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Safari and other apps freeze a lot for me. For up to 5-10 seconds. Not sure but I believe "App Nap" has some issues - at least for me.

8. macrumors 68020

The only thing I noticed with App Nap that I hope they tweak, is let's say you have many desktops or full-screen apps open and you four finger swipe across them to quickly get to one you want further down in the list. Well, all the Apps in the windows that you swiped across will wake up. If you go directly there through Mission Control, they stay napping. So perhaps Apple should setup a slight delay in how App Nap re-activates apps when you are swiping through desktops (and only under this condition since otherwise we'd want them to speedily resume).

9. macrumors regular

Anyone got hotkey problem in Photoshop CS 6 ?

10. macrumors newbie

You just need to go into the Flash control panel and click software update it will download a new version or same version or whatever and then it works. The installer (.dmg) on adobe's site the blocked plugin error directs you too will not work.

11. macrumors newbie

I noticed that my bluetooth had stopped working since I updated tô Mavericks.

I use a rMBP.

12. macrumors member

Parallels have a fix: http://kb.parallels.com/en/116259

13. macrumors 601

14. thread starter macrumors 65816

Has anyone found something that makes Mavericks unsafe/unsuitable as a daily OS yet?

I have one of the new MBAs and I can just feel it whispering "Mavericks... Mavericks..." to me, just doesn't feel right having ML on this bad boy :D

15. macrumors regular

You mean aside from the fact that it is a Beta ? (ahem)

16. macrumors 601

Most of the software I use for living is beta, never stopped me ;)

17. thread starter macrumors 65816

Let's not pretend this isn't MacRumors.com.

18. mentalcase, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013

macrumors member

I can confirm that logic is running just fine.

19. macrumors member

myxomatosis

Only problem I’ve encountered so far: Mail won’t display new mail notifications in the Notifications Center.

20. macrumors regular

21. macrumors regular

I have this problem on Mavericks for my MBA. It says "blocked plug-in" and won't let me watch YouTube:(

22. macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

Considering installing this to a partition. Anyone have any rMBP issues beyond certain apps not working (illustrated on the "broken apps" forum)?

23. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

You are using the wrong version of Flash. Adobe gives OSX 10.9 the wrong one.

Go here, select OSX 10.8 and version 11

24. macrumors 6502

1BadMac

I was noticing this quite frequently. Specifically, for Safari. But noticed that it would "lag" when un-minimizing an app. Once the app was open again, it would run fine.

I finally disabled AppNap across the board. Runs much more like 10.8.4 -but at the trade off of some battery. I'm going to look into a toggle / script / GUI to do this on an app by app basis.

25. thread starter macrumors 65816

Freezes on the whole pretty rare?