Current UK Delivery Times for iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by deebster, Mar 21, 2006.

1. deebster macrumors 6502

Oct 21, 2004
    Olde Englande
    I'm going to be ordering a 20" Intel iMac from the UK Apple store but there'll be no-one at home to receive it before Monday next week, so I was thinking of having it delivered to work.

Do you think if I ordered tonight it would be delivered to work before then, or should I just wait a couple more days and have it sent home? And if I did that would there be any potential problem with someone other than me (i.e., my good lady wife) signing for it?

I'm still undecided on whether to up the GPU to 256MB too. Does anyone know if there is any delay on shipping these?

Thanks for any help. The wait is killing me :D
  2. theheyes macrumors regular

Mar 8, 2006
    If its TNT that are delivering it (which it should be) then there will be no problem with your wife signing for it.

I opted for 1GB of RAM and it seemed to add another 24 hours to the process. As a guess I would say the same for the GC upgrade.

If you miss the delivery TNT will hold it at the local depot for you to pick it up, or you can phone them up to rearrange a delivery. I'm not sure how long they will hold it though before they send it back to Apple. If you miss the delivery and don't contact them they only hold the goods for 2 days.

Hope this helps.