Cursed Ibook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by csubear, Oct 13, 2005.

1. csubear macrumors 6502a

csubear

So my ibook G3 is now sitting at an apple repair center waiting to get its logic board replaced, again.

Its a 900mhz model that i got in april of 03. The logic board was replaced once in nov of 03.

Has anyone who has had their ibook repaired experienced multiple failures? I really want to know if they are going to fix the problem this time. I asked the lady at the apple store, and she said "well they fixed it last time". Which leads me to believe that at some point in the future the ibook will fail again. My major issue with that is that after april of 06, I no longer qualify for free logic board repairs.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Does anyone have an older g3 ibook, say an 800 or 700mhz model, that is outside of the 3 year window, with a broken logic board? And if so did apple do anything about it?

--by the way i just noticed that I became a 6502, woot. I've been posting since late 03, and surfing mac rumors since late 02 ;)

2. csubear thread starter macrumors 6502a

csubear

3. Frodosmommy macrumors newbie

My ibook logic board failed for the 4th time a few days ago. It is just about 3 years old. I'm really, really, REALLY tired of this. I wish I had suggestions for you csubear, but I'm at a loss as well about this issue.
    :mad:
    I feel that at this point Apple needs to replace my ibook, not just continue to repair a failing problem over and over until THEIR 3 yr responsibility is up. I'll let you know if I get anywhere with Customer Relations. :rolleyes:

4. csubear thread starter macrumors 6502a

csubear

As long as your ibook is < 3 years old, take it into the apple store and demand they fix it. If you have to point them to http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/ . If its >3 years old, then it sucks. There not much you can do. You could make a stink about it, that may get you somewhere.

Good luck