Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radug

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
UK
Hi all,

I wanted to buy some bluetooth headphones (on/over ear) and no pair seems to manage to sound good + look nice + not cost over £100.

This gave me the idea to buy a cheap pair of bluetooth headphones (something like this ) and cannibalise them for their bluetooth adapter which i could use in a second pair of headphones like these.

I wanted to know if anyone has previously attempted something similar & had any pointers.

Cheers,
radug

tanneritekid

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Hi all,

I wanted to buy some bluetooth headphones (on/over ear) and no pair seems to manage to sound good + look nice + not cost over £100.

This gave me the idea to buy a cheap pair of bluetooth headphones (something like this ) and cannibalise them for their bluetooth adapter which i could use in a second pair of headphones like these.

I wanted to know if anyone has previously attempted something similar & had any pointers.

Cheers,
radug

where are u putting the battery and charging port?

radug

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
UK
panasonics

one of the reasons i thought of those panasonic headphones was the big one-the-ear cups that offer plenty of room inside. I've done some headphones driver transplanting before, but never with bluetooth, which is why i'm asking if anyone has experience.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.