Custom carrier logo on iPhone 3g

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hawkryger, Jul 16, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 8, 2008
    So, don't know if this has been posted yet...but it's kind of cool so I figured I would share the love.
    I had a 1st gen. iPhone which was jailbroken and had a custom carrier logo on it (my initials.) When I got my iPhone 3g, I restored using the previous backup from my jailbroken phone. Much to my delight, I saw that my custom carrier logo transferred over to my iPhone 3g! So, while we may not be able to jailbreak it just yet, if you had a custom carrier logo previously, you can get it once again.

2. macrumors member

Jun 14, 2008
    How do you get that custom carrier logo, i want to put in my wifi name and i do have customize but where do i do it please
  3. macrumors 68040

Nov 6, 2007
    Liverpool, UK
    I have no idea if it works on the iPhone 3G but I seen a post on ipod touch forums that you can alter the 2.0 restore package and put a custom apple logo, battery might work for carrier?

details are here..... proceed with caution I take no responsibility if you choose to do this lol
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 8, 2008
    If you have a 1st gen. iphone..... I used ifuntastic. It was easy, safe and worked very well.