Custom EQ in 5G - Video

Discussion in 'iPod' started by evrim, Nov 24, 2006.

1. evrim macrumors newbie

We want Custom Equalizer EQ settings in our Ipod Videos(30GB and 80GB). It is realy ridiculous that ipod doesn't have a custom EQ setting option. You know what? Creative Zen Vision has!!! Who suffers because of this problem? Just keep going this thread and maybe Apple realizes and make a firmware update.

Please, just make this thread continue......

2. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I am 100% with you. My brothers 256mb iRiver sounds better than my iPod since he can customize his EQ.

Preset EQs have gone on long enough, Apple. Let the people listen to their music the way THEY want to.

3. evrim thread starter macrumors newbie

I am sure that we are not alone!!! Please make some voice and force Apple to add this feature to the next firmware update!!!

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

So... why don't you, I dunno, write a letter to Apple, instead of posting on a fan-run, non-Apple-affiliated message board?

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

5. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

I'm wondering if it wouldn't require too much processing power? The built in ones, it is possible, could be handled by built in circuits on the chip and therefore do not require much extra processing power, just the activation of an audio processing chip. If you made a software based EQ that was custom, it may take too much processing? I have no idea, just offering a possibility. I would like to have one also.

6. evrim thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have any idea, but.... First, I bought a Creative Zen Vision M (30GB) which has more features than an ipod but the usability is not good at all so I decided to buy an iPod. However I am disappointed because iPod doesn't have a custom EQ setting. That is really ridiculous. What I want to say is: if Creative can do that possibly iPod would also be able to handle to process custom EQ settings...

7. evrim thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, maybe. I think to do that.... But, If there will be enough people which want that custom EQ setting, it would be really good to include the website link of this thread in the letter and demand that custom EQ setting. It shouldn't be a big deal for Apple to add a feature like that. It is really funny that a 5G ipod doesn't have a custom EQ setting..... Just keep this thread continue and I will be a volunteer if this thread will be 5 pages or something like that.
    Lets show that we -as ipod users- are connected and we are demanding this feature from apple in the next firmware update!!!