Custom Smart Cover

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Dominion300, Apr 17, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I've been looking around but I haven't quite found anything I'm looking for. Basically I'm looking for a place that makes a smart cover similar to the one Apple makes but in more varieties of leather. I plan on buying a back skin from Zagg (custom designed artwork) and using just the smart cover style with an screen protector also from Zagg. I want to show off that artwork as opposed to cover it up. Otherwise I would go with something like the DODOCase.

I like what apple offers but I wish they offered more leather colors.

2. macrumors 68000

3. macrumors 68030

zagg front and rear?

wow....

do a search here - there are far better choices, unless you are a BB employee...

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I will do a search, I just know people who have that cover on their fronts and I like the feel of it. I want the cover to be scratch resistant as well as have the option for the custom designed back artwork. If I can't find the custom artwork there are some other leather options I can go with better than the Apple version.

I'll start looking around for screen covers but do you have some specific examples you could recommend quickly?

Edit: I also have thought about buying one of the poly covers, removing the magnets and using my own leather and microsuede to refinish what apple has made. Looking at the cover in the store it looks like a very thin garment grade leather (not sure the animal but maybe pigskin?) and leather glue. I do leatherwork on a hobby level and don't have any garment hides of that weight (thinking 1oz or so). On the upside of that if it turns out well I could start selling them :p

Also that Miniot cover is freaking BEAUTIFUL!

5. macrumors regular

custom smart cover--try Grove

Perhaps you can get Grove to sell you just their leather cover for the iPad 2 without the bamboo case. The leather cover is separate from the bamboo and is superior to other offerings. It can also be custom leather engraved.

6. macrumors 68030

best skins ever
    gelaskins
    power support for the front
    icarbons
    stickerboy carbons (i'm using his CF silver now)
    dodocase back

7. Dominion300, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011

thread starter macrumors newbie

Will contact Grove and see what they say, will also check out Gelaskins. Thanks :)

Edit: I actually really like those grove skins, but I think the front cover isn't attached via the side magnet but to the back case. That's just speculation. Plus with the covers being vegtanned leather they can be redyed to ANY color I want :)

8. macrumors newbie

These Custom ipad Cases

Check out these CUSTOM PRINTED IPAD COVERS..

https://www.inkwells.co/shop/tablet-covers/

We have a Custom Smart Cover with the magnetic form fit, but these are nice because you can customize it with any image you prefer. You can submit your art on the page after you choose your color and case type.

9. macrumors newbie

Source for custom printed apple cases

This web site has an on-line designer to create your own case using photos, text and clip-art.

http://showyourflipside.com

They have a smart cover and print directly on it using a UV printer. Not a decal or transfer. :cool: