Custom Software restore disk on OSX...i need help.

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by 8thDegreeSavage, Jul 21, 2002.

1. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

Can anyone here tell me how to make a software restore disk for my mac...i only run OSX and dont do anything in 9 anymore.
    The reason i want to do this is i want to wipe my drive to set up a proper swap partition and remove alot of crap i used to have on my system under 8.6 and 9.2.

I really have no idea about how this is done...all i want to do is create a disk so i can completely restore all of my settings for OSX but wiping and restarting my os 9 system folder, after reinstaling and setting up a partition proper..

Thanks for any help.

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i don't know if thats possible. don't you have to reformat and reinstall just OS X? have you tried looking at the Apple Knowledge Base? there should be something there.

3. 8thDegreeSavage thread starter macrumors 6502

Does anyone here know how to do this....i just want to be able to wipe and reformat my HD, and then reinstall all my apps and presets without having to have to do each of them one by one.

there must be a solution to this..or some how to do it.

4. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Sorry

Dont think you can do that. You should reformat your disk though. Once 9 is gone, and you have installed all your apps clean, your machine will be a lot faster

5. 8thDegreeSavage thread starter macrumors 6502

Damn.....that sucks, i thought it was possible to create your own restore CD

6. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

hehe your lucky. Yesterday I was dragged some stuff into drop nuke I shouldn't have dragged. Lost my internal HD and lost my external /backup 80 giger full of warez. Lucky I didn't lose my 20 gig mp3 drive :)

7. 8thDegreeSavage thread starter macrumors 6502

Is it possible if i accuire a firewire HD for a little bit...and switch it around....can someone please tell me the easitest way to avoid not having to reinstall my apps all over again..especially the warez....that would be a serious pain.

thanks for all your input.:D

8. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

well you have to do this in 9 but if you set up your hd just as you want it to be restored you can make an image of it and make a cd, or put it on a nother hd. we use this method to image dozens of computers at the school i work at. Check out this link, tells you everything you need to know to do it. Download the newer version of the Apple Installer SDK 1.2.3, the link lists that as the newest but there is a newer version now.

9. 8thDegreeSavage thread starter macrumors 6502

dude!...dont leave this way...there is no link!...i need to knwo how to do this...and will it work for OSX?