Custom Spec'd PB's

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by joshua_msu, Aug 6, 2004.

1. joshua_msu macrumors regular

joshua_msu

Are there any other online retailers other than Apple.com that can do custom spec'd PB's. The reason I ask is becuase I am just trying to compare prices here and there, but do not want a base PB. I know apple can charge quite a bit for things like ram and such, so I just wanted to know if anyone does it cheaper. Of course I would like the faster HD and the 128 MB ATI, so if there is a retailer that you can recommend that can do all of that, that would be a plus. Thanks so much.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....you can always get the custom config from Apple with only those features that you need to buy from them, like the upgraded video (and maybe the hard drive, depending on your tech skills). Ram is very easy to obtain and install from 3rd parties - Crucial is probably the most popular RAM reseller...oh yeah!

3. joshua_msu thread starter macrumors regular

joshua_msu

I was thinking about that option as well. What crossed my mind is that some internet only retailers do not charge sales tax, which could help me out a lot since I plan on spending 3K plus and my state sales tax is 9%.

4. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

If that MSU stands for a university, could you not eat the cost of tax with your edu discount? That way, it is cheaper anyway you see it.
    If not try froogle.com
    I found this....
    http://www.macprices.com/index.shtml

Hope everything works out. :)