Customer service advice needed...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AoWolf, Dec 11, 2005.

1. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

So for 4 months I have been enjoying my $60 Razer Diamond back mouse when it recently started to crap out and I would have to jiggle the cord to make it work. Because it had a warranty I decided that I would try and have them repair it. Basically they didn't have a phone # but a web IRC like thing I went on it but no one was on so they emailed me.

What I got was an email with the Basic PC driver crap ext. I emailed them back told them I was on a mac and what the symptoms were. This was the email I got back: Hello,

Currently, we do not supply Macintosh drivers for the Razer Mice. If you would like to use the Razer mouse with your Macintosh, you can download the USB Overdrive drivers from www.usboverdrive.com, which will allow the mouse to work.

NOTE: This ONLY applies to our older ball-type mice. Do NOT attempt to use any of our newer mice (Diamondback, Viper, Copperhead) on a Macintosh, as it may damage the mouse irreparably. These are 3rd-party drivers, and we do not support the Razer mice on Macintosh. Use these drivers at your own risk!

We recommend looking at our new product, RazerPro, expressly designed for the Macintosh. (http://www.razerpro.com)

Your customer number is xxxxxxx

If you need further assistance, you can search our online self-help knowledge portal or reach us online at http://razerzone.com Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

This has to be total crap right? The mouse has worked fine for months. I get the feeling the word mac scares them... In any case the thing that pisses me off is there website it says nothing about the mouse being ruined on a mac and despite what this email says if you go to support it tells you to DL USB overdriver to use the mouse. So what sould I do when I email them back. No where did they say the mouse would die if used on a mac and the website even tells me it will work with USB overdriver. I am pretty mad right now.

Edit: Also the mouse they are trying to sell me seems to be the same mouse but white...

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Just open a new warranty claim and say you have a PC. It's a hardware problem if you have to wiggle the cord...

3. AoWolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

I would but they have my name and email :-( I know its a hardware problem just pisses me off they would blame it on my mac so they could blow me off...

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Just tell them you moved it to a PC and it still doesn't work with the latest drivers...