Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
I thought what the heck and decided to change the standard folder Icons, here's what I came up with, though I'm still undecided about the DTP folder??

applicationsfolder1ug.jpg

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
rossoUK said:
I thought what the heck and decided to change the standard folder Icons, here's what I came up with, though I'm still undecided about the DTP folder??

applicationsfolder1ug.jpg

Hmm... I heard from my friend's docter, that his cousin's dog bit an icecream truck man who explained that his dad changed the applications folder, moved around stuff and had problems.
Also, how many download clients/music clients/video clients could you have? I personally think it's a nice idea, I would do the same, except after what I heard from the friend's docter blabla I don't want to.

Hey it's the 4th of July, I'm aloud to be drunk!

llama ;)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Cool idea, but remember that Software Update will not work for those Apps you have moved in folders. It will only look in /Applications and no sub-folders.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Cool idea, but remember that Software Update will not work for those Apps you have moved in folders. It will only look in /Applications and no sub-folders.

I was thinking the same thing. This jack@ss at my work who sets up new computers always sets up the apps into folders like that. When I used software update, I always ended up with two versions of an app because it doesn't overwrite the version it can't find.

Edit: I would build folders full of aliases if you want to set it up that way, and leave the apps folder alone.

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
Im one of those anal folder jerks too. I like nested directories...a lot.

I almost don't need spotlight as I can manual search everything in my Documents folder (not to be confused with "My Documents" :p ).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.