Customizing Function Key Row

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by chrisa107, Feb 22, 2005.

1. chrisa107 macrumors member

Alright - I have a very random question that I'm pretty sure isn't possible, but hey I thought I'd ask anyways. Is there anyway to fully customize the row of function keys on my Powerbook, for having them do what I want them to do? For example, with the Fn key enabled in OSX, I can change the volume by just hitting the keys, without having to hit the Fn key, which I like. But when the Fn key is enabled, I can't use Expose without pressing it first. I'd like to be able to kind of apply the Fn key to half the function row - I want to be able to change the volume by just pressing F3 to F5, and likewise, I'd like to be able to use Expose by just hitting F9 thru F11 - all at the same time. Is this remotely possible?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    You could use different keys for Expose. I use F11, F12 and the fn key on its own for my Expose keys.

3. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

In the keyboard section of system preferences you can make it all one way or the other. Thats as close as you can get OS-wise.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

go to System Prefs > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts

i think from there you might be able to customize it the way you want, but im not sure exactly what you want to do though, but its worth a try, good luck