Customizing heXPee to look like OSX

Discussion in 'Community' started by SilvorX, Sep 26, 2002.

1. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

ive been noticing on quite a few windows sites i go to that LOTS of ppl are addicted to customizing their xp ui look EXACTLY like a mac, at first it was really sweet n i tried customizing my ui also (but was too lazy to customize it much) but now days it gets a lil annoying, cuz its just like mac users trying to customize their ui to look exactly look like heXPee....if microsoft found out quite a few ppl on mac customized their ui to look almost identical to heXPee, then they would probably get really angry n tell the sites that have all these xp icons/themes/explorer-lookalike apps/etc to be removed from the net, apple did something sort of like this a few months back, they did a crack down on osx-lookalike themes on xp, n apple legal told all these sites to remove the themes.
    what u guys think bout xp users customizing their xp to the max to look like a mac? in some cases its not that bad, such as in some cases they just do that since they cant afford a mac/they own a mac...in that case it would be alright but if they use it just cuz they like the ui, it would probably be wrong....im done ranting now lol :p

2. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

I think that people who know what OS X is capable of and are hacking XP to look like it know what they are missing.

I don't think this is a bad thing at all. It gets exposure to OS X on PCs. The one downside is that people would look at these hacks and say, "OS X isn't all that great." When really they were just looking at a cheap rip off.

Overall, I think its a good thing.

Taft

3. vniow macrumors G4

I don't think it's that bad, after all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right?;)
    I've looked into it before and I don't think it's s neccecaraly bad thing, I think it's good for potential switchers to get used to the Aqua interface before they save up enough to actually make the switch.:)

4. SilvorX thread starter macrumors 68000

SilvorX

at times i customize my xp to have a brushed metal theme (cuz luna sux) but on a winblowz forum there are ALWAYS skinners asking for images gifs/jpgs/pngs of toolbar icons on osx, such as ripping the mac msn 3 icons n porting them to the windows version of msn, and one person was asking for the office x toolbar icons today for porting it to office 2000/xp....

5. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

I changed my home pc to look like OSX. It was better on the eyes. I even moved all the icons to the right also. It helped me to accept it a bit more but I'm still sticking with my Mac. Screw XP.

6. vniow macrumors G4

Well I decided not to make my desktop look like OSX.:(
    Cuz I found this.:D

[​IMG]

It's a 3D desktop that I found yesterday. It takes some getting used to, but it's kinda cool.:)

7. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Win2000

Any one know of a way to make Win2000 look like OS X? I have to use Win2000 at work... I would love to mix things up a bit.. I cant do to much to it.. If I mess it up.. I have to have some one fix it for me.. Im not alowed to do too much to it

8. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

my cuurent desktop

Attached Files:

9. SilvorX thread starter macrumors 68000

SilvorX

Re: Win2000

http://www.windowblinds.net/

looks like taeclee99 is a big windows fan but osx ui fan ;) lol...i used to use brushed themes on xp till around when sp1 failed on me...