customizing OS X on a MacBook Pro.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mark!, Mar 15, 2006.

1. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

Hey! I just got my MacBook Pro for my 15th birthday! I'm very happy with it, but I just got started on customizing it. It is kinda harder, because I got shapeshifter & ThemePark, to turn everything that is Aqua to green on my iMac G3, but Shapeshifter (last time i checked) is not universal. In ThemePark, I can still change all the stuff but I can't export it to shapeshifter. How can I do more customizing with this intel stuff??

thanks in advance. :D

2. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

well, unless universal binaries have been written of all your favourite OS modding programs, it seems you are out of luck. (unless another, more experienced member can point you in the direction of something i know nothing about) i'm sure that software developers for things like shapeshifter, etc are working on them. remeber it's still early days. they will want intel mac owners' to use thier software too, i imagine.

S

3. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

well, I did a little something with iTunes, since that is the easiest of everything, I think.

[​IMG]

So far, I've made the Safari refresh button green, the stop button red, and the 'Add to Bookmarks' button blue. I also made the volume, leyboard brightness, screen brightness and i think that's it, be shiny & glossy green. Then I made the battery indicator be green at 2/3-full charge, then orange 1/3-2/3 and then red at 0/3-1/3. Finally the last thing I've done is do the iTunes, the grey part I changed to green. Later on, I want to change the Finder con, the safari icon, and the Apple in the top right hand corner.

(sorry if the picture is as big as your screen...)

4. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

pretty cool. the green is nice actually...

I'm jealous you have your MBP. Mine has been on order since mid January. Still havent gotten any word of it's arrival yet. :( and I ordered two. bah

5. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

Thanks Cybix...I am obsessed with green...everything green...but it has to be olive....or the one I ihave on iTunes :D

[​IMG]

Dooes anyone know how to make this .PNG image I made for my boot panel into a 'WaitingForLogin' thingy in Tiger??? I guess what I'm asking is...How do I take the above image and use it as a boot panel in Tiger 10.4.5?

6. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

That color -- plus the Dock -- works for me. I am green with envy.

7. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

If anyone wants me to email you or something the stuff I have done so far...PM me or something.

Where on earth can I find a flippin bright green Finder face icon??
    I found one that was similar...too green...needed more yellow...but it was a folder & not an icon so I couldn't edit it in Photoshop. ugh

8. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I don't recommend changing anything that belongs to the system. Although it may work now, it may corrupt other files when Apple updates OS X.

9. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

Gosh, I like that boot panel...I tried making it an executable to replace it with WaitingForLoginWindow or whatever but I can't cut & paste the code you have to cut...it won't let me..oh well. Where can I get Finder icons?

10. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

I changed Frontrow!!! I changed the highlight color to a dark green...I like it!

[​IMG]

I didn't take the whole screenshot, just so that I could show the whole picture without stretching some people's page...hope it doesn't!

This modding stuff is fun when you have a faster computer than a 450MHz G3 :D

How many finder icons do they have??? There's like...one in Finder, and then there's one in Dock...I changed the icon but it's still there. gohs.

11. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

I would edit, but it won't let me edit my last post :confused:

Is there a way to change the Apple on the top right hand side without installing a theme?

12. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

a little off topic.. but just painted one wall in my living room. GREEN. sorry bout crap pic, taken with mobile ph in low light.

Attached Files:

13. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

haha, It's okay...I customized everything I can....once the Applications I need to modify things go universal it'll be all good. My room is green:D (as shows above or at the end of this post...again...posted 24023 times in other threads...but im so proud that everything in my room that is green is my work..haha). So far heres what I've done ...

[​IMG]
    messy^
    [​IMG]

I changed a lot more things...but since its 3 here....I'm too lazy to post them right now. NICE LIVING ROOM. :)

actually im pretty sure you've seen my setup in the pictures gallery forum part thing riiight? haha...oh well.

14. dralfonzo macrumors newbie

you have some strange obsession with colour. It does look nice though :)

just make sure you dont permanantly f*** up your new macbook!

15. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

I backed up all my stuff just in case....since its so new theres not much to backup so its all goood :cool:

16. jdechko macrumors 68040

I'm jealous that you have ordered a MPB... :(

Congrats, MarKKK! on the MBP. Everything looks nice (even though I'm not as crazy about green as you).

17. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

18. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

ThemePark
    Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter costs money, but you can use it for free for a certain amount of time. ThemePark costs money also, but you can use it just as long as you can chase the 'Use for free' button.

If your trying to make, edit or apply a theme to an Intel Mac, these applications are not universal (yet).

19. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

20. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

i tired using it, its ****ed for some reason tho. and i dont really wana pay the 20