Customizing the "Open With" menu

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Bobdude161, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

I'm in need of adding a program in the "Open With" when I control+click on a picture.

Situation: I have Photoshop 5.5 and it of course is running in Classic. Problem is OS X sometimes doesn't include it in the "Open with" menu. I don't know how many times I have had to manually choose Adobe PS with the "Other..." option in that menu. I don't want PS to be my Default, just an option.

Some files will give me the option and some won't, doesn't matter what type (tiff, jpg, etc)

[​IMG]

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Hmmm that would be useful to know, I get a list of probably over 30 some are image converters that are .exe (came with PS CS2).

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Bobdude161, is Photoshop 5 located in either /Applications, ~/Applications or /Applications (OS 9)?

And, another question, does the Classic applications appear on the context menu once Classic is running, and only then?

That's easily fixed... ;)

4. Bobdude161 thread starter macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

PS is in the OS X Applications folder and the availibilty nor the absence of Classic effects the outcome. I think the PS option doesn't show when I open pictures that are freshly downloaded from the internets or off a digital camera. Interesting....