Cyberduck question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by captainbeefheat, Jul 5, 2006.

1. captainbeefheat macrumors regular

Ok there is something with cyberduck that really bugs me to the point i don't really use it anymore. That is that you only seem to be able to upload stuff to the root directory or the directory you specify at the start

For example I have lots of folders in my wwwroot I want to be able to drag and drop or highlight a certain folder and the file to be upload there, not have everything be uploaded to the same location and then I have to drag everything to the right folder. Does that make sense?

I know I could create a log in for every folder I have but that's a pain and I have loads of folders!

I would use another FTP but there all so ugly baring the yummy one! But you got to pay and I'm to stingy to do that if I don't have to!

2. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

That's very strange. I'm using Cyberduck Version 2.6 (2315) and it allows me to drag and drop to specific folders. Are you using the latest release. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you want. When I try dragging and dropping files to a folder I get this big plus symbol when I hold the mouse over the folder for about half a second. When I drop the files cyberduck uploads them. I tried getting a screen shot of the plus but it wouldn't work.

Have you tried other FTP clients? Even the ugly ones? Maybe its a problem with how your server's ftp is set up.

3. captainbeefheat thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply,

Yes using 2.6, ok this version does seem to have sorted out half the problem, if i drag to a folder it will upload to that folder which I am sure it wouldn't before. Ideally I would also like to click on a folder then press apple-U to bring up the file manager thing to choose a file to upload, if i do that it will just upload into the root directory. Drag and drop on it's own would be ok I guess if it had some sort of window with local files for quick drag and drop access.