Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AWallen90

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
I currently use imapmyride, the free version.

1. Is there a way to save your avg and top speed after your ride is ended and saved. (I can calculate avg speed obviously but I would rather it just show up and I'm semi-new to the cycling scene so top speed is still pretty awesome to me)

2. Are there apps that do this and can be integrated to display the route you took on facebook?

I am willing to pay $10 for one of the higher end apps but I want it do meet all my requirements.

Thanks guys!

CarletonTorpin

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2011
Despite it's name, RunKeeper offers the functionality you're looking for. It offers a variety of "activities" which include "Cycling" and "Mountain Biking". I believe the app itself is free but requires a monthly or yearly fee. I've used the app for about 6 months to keep track of my jogging routes and it's offers a lot of data (which can indeed be shared on Facebook).

pbkiller

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2007
Puerto Rico
You can also try Cyclymeter GPS... I was using it before investing on a Garmin unit for my bike. The best $5 spent. Hope it helps

rans0m00

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
For my riding and running I use runkeeper.... it just lets you switch the type of activity but has been accurate enough. Like route is almost always dead on and speed has been almost dead on. I tried mapmyride and I liked it but if I remember right I didnt end up staying with it because some of the features runkeeper gives for free mapmyride charges...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.