Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fcjohnny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
I just jb my iPhone 4 with redsn0w tethered to attempt the SAM unlock. Whenever I attempt to install SAM I run into Cydia Cannot Comply. I have uploaded a photo of the issue. :mad:

photo-1.png

Any suggestions? I've attempted finding a solution with the help of google and it has only led me to dead ends with no answers. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
You need to update/install MobileSubstrate (do this first by itself)
Then reboot, reload Cydia and try your SAM install again.
Choose the SAM prefs to install, it will add SAM to the install automatically.
If it doesn't add the ACUtil automatically, install it also.

AtariPixel

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Same issue

I had the same issue. I installed MobileSubstrate like dhlizard suggested and rebooted. Cleared all apps, loaded Cydia and SAM installed properly.

mustahaque

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
I had the same issue. I installed MobileSubstrate like dhlizard suggested and rebooted. Cleared all apps, loaded Cydia and SAM installed properly.

I am trying to find MobileSubstrate but un able to find it. After doing some research i found that the repo that supposed to have the MobleSubstrate is not loading. It turns out empty. How to fix that issue.
photo.png

thanks

Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I am trying to find MobileSubstrate but un able to find it. After doing some research i found that the repo that supposed to have the MobleSubstrate is not loading. It turns out empty. How to fix that issue.
thanks

Have you tried deleting the repo and then re-adding it back? Also I have an app called iCleaner. I'm not sure if it's in the repo you're trying to access but in this app, there's a feature that you're only supposed to use when your repos get messed it. The app goes in and I think it deletes them so you can start fresh. I'm not 100% sure because I've never used it. I just know that feature exists for people having repo problems. I'd use this as an absolute last resort, if you can even download the app. I don't want to give you the wrong advice. I'm just throwing this out there. Proceed with caution my friend!

Nihaokylannn

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
Every time I try to install there is an error
Five Icon dock = cannot comply
Activator = cannot locate package what can I do ?

seliva07

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
I have this problem in my iphone 4. It keeps on saying "cannot comply" when im trying to install "foldersinfolders" in cydia. It says that "depends iOS firmaware<5.0" Is there anyone who can help me with this? Please. :'(

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
That tweak is for 4+ firmware only as cydia indicates, what iOS version are you on at the moment?

Use Folderenhancer which has the same option in 5+ firmware

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.