Cydia didn't save my SHSH...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Savio92, Aug 31, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I bought an Ipad 2 GSM which was on 4.3.3, so I had the chance to jailbreak it with jailbreakme, and I did it. After two days I had to restore it, and I installed 4.3.5. I tried to downgrade the device, but tinyumbrella says that the only shsh saved for my ipad is the 4.3.5 shsh. Is it possible that Cydia hasn't saved my SHSH for 4.3.3?

2. macrumors 6502

you may have bought it with 4.3.3 pre-installed, but if apple has stopped signing 4.3.3 at that point then Cydia wont have been able to get it.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes,it was pre-installed :( Thanks for the explanation ;)

4. macrumors 6502

also I wouldn't trust cydia alone to get the SHSH blobs. Cydia will have at least a million device ECID's that it requests SHSH blobs for from apple. It can only do so many at a time to prevent apple from blocking the Cydia server so it maybe that you cydia has got your devices ECID on file but doesn't get round to getting your SHSH blob before apple changes it to a new version. Much safer to use Tiny Umbrella and do it yourself.

5. macrumors 604

bushido

I got mine a few days ago too and jb it and cydia indeed cant get shshs anymore so my ipad better not be crashing anytime soon :eek: