Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
I did the jailbreak on my 4s 5.0.1 just now and can open Cydia, but when I go to any package like MyWi or 3G Unrestrictor, it says "Note: Cannot Locate Package".

Anyone know why and how to fix it?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I did the jailbreak on my 4s 5.0.1 just now and can open Cydia, but when I go to any package like MyWi or 3G Unrestrictor, it says "Note: Cannot Locate Package".

Anyone know why and how to fix it?

Try rebooting and re-opening Cydia. (in case you haven't tried it yet). Is the error message in red?

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Thats just a cydia error because the servers are being hammered. No worries, just keep trying (or wait and let me go first).

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
you need to refresh your lists. I had the same issue. Go to "Changes" and hit the "Refresh" button

"Error: Refresh
Host Unreachable"

Guess I have to wait.

----------

Try rebooting and re-opening Cydia. (in case you haven't tried it yet). Is the error message in red?

Hey that worked...I rebooted the phone and re-launched Cydia and all is normal. Thanks.

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
Cydia is basically under DDoS attack right now by overly happy Jailbreakers trying to get all their JB apps downloaded and installed.

Just chill and drink some coffee.

SweStars

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2012
Thanks for this tip about going into Changes and pressing Update!
Can't seem to complete it right now, but at least this is an answer that isn't easily found using Google (I just stumpled upon here).

I'll keep on trying!
.. as long as you let me go first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.