iPhone Cydia Payment System???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MBX, Feb 5, 2013.

1. MBX
    macrumors 65816

I don't get it, why Amazon + Paypal only and not direct credit card account in Cydia store?

Pretty annoying, no?

2. macrumors regular

Not really. Using those two methods are for more secure then just throwing your credit card number around. Besides, who doesn't have one of those two accounts by now?

3. macrumors 6502

never tried but can you not select paypal then use your card to pay there without setting up an account

4. macrumors 65816

I for one feel much safer giving my payment information to Amazon than a relatively small group of jailbreak hackers personally.

5. macrumors 6502a

Where on Cydia do you set up a payment system? I sure cannot find a link. I had a system set up with Amazon Pay, but the card I used for it expired, and there doesn't seem to be a way I can find to set up a new way to pay.

6. macrumors regular

I would go to Amazon's website and update your payment information in there. That should allow you to just use that option when you go to pay for something in cydia

7. macrumors member

Cydia keeps trying to use an old credit card that expired years ago, even though it's not even listed on my amazon payments account anymore. Can anyone help?