Cydia tweaks - battery drain?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LithePanther, Nov 5, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

Hello. My phone's battery is draining a lot quicker then it did before jailbreaking (albiet, i have downloaded a ton of cydia tweaks)

I'm going to list the tweaks I have here - can you tell me which ones use the most power?

Cydelete
    Intelliscreenx (beta)
    Multiiconmover
    Nowlistening
    Cameralocker
    Zoomisback!
    Weesearch
    Music Center
    Bolt
    Springflash
    Fast Copy
    iPicMyContacts
    Winterboard
    Folder Enhancer
    AsktoCall
    CallBar
    BiteSMS (beta)
    Killbackground
    Appscenter
    Activator
    Calendar for Notification Center
    Cleanup
    Gridlock
    Quicknote for notification center
    semitether
    startdial

Sorry they're not in alphabetical order. If you could tell me which ones use the most memory/power, I'll take them off and hopefully my phone's battery will last longer.

Thanks!

2. thread starter macrumors 6502

3. macrumors member

dalilblaze

From what i know none of these tweaks drain battery, what can be shorting your battery life is IOS 5 it has been reported to shorten battery life there are several fixes for it.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not iOS 5 because I jailbroke my phone 2 weeks after i updated to iOS 5 and the battery problem started after jailbreaking.

5. macrumors member

dalilblaze

I have tons of tweaks and apps and ever since i updated to IOS 5 my battery life has slightly decreased, but i turned of location services and it improved.

6. macrumors 604

labman

1st thread bumping isn't allowed here. if anything add something meaning to your bump. 2nd the best way to tweek if you suspect something is uninstall one app at a time and see if it makes a difference. IE some have reported issues with winterboard others have not. So try uninstalling it. Also try recalibrating your battery. ;)