Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
All that what ?

Took all of 2 minutes using iFile (and that included going back to Mobile Safari to see the path again)

Thanks for the fix info !

Not everyone with a jb iPhone would know what to do or how to do it in a situation like this. Not everyone reads iPhone hacks forums or is tech savy enough is what I meant.
For me and you is a quick 2 minute thing, not for everyone.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Well, I got home, followed the posted instructions and deleted all the zodttd files, and Cydia worked again. Then I saw it wanted to update itself, and thinking that maybe it was a fix for this problem, I let it update. Now it's not working again, and there are no zodttd files to delete. Anyone know how to fix this now? Thanks for any help! (and I don't have terminal, btw)

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
so just go into itunes..restore the phone..re jailbreak and unlock..ughhhh I really don't want to do that.

I don't understand why the Open SSH thing is so important. I remember using the iPhone Browser on 3.0 without having to download the Open SSH from Cydia.

Your 1st statement answers your 2nd statement.

Two minutes with SSH saves a restore and re-JB.

I know which one I choose.

justinwebb

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
easy fix overall lol i was at work and was like great now i have to re-do my whole phone wen cydia kept crashing, glad i checked here first. Thanks for the help guys

Baggy Spandex

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2009
I also have to thank the fine people on this board. Followed the instructions, ssh'd and deleted the faulty repo files.

It is important to safely have ssh on your jailbroken iPhone it seems. Thank god I dabbled a bit with Lockinfo theme modding or else I'd be pulling my hair out about now, lol.

zebra18

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2009
Im glad you guys have the easy fix option.

I don't because I was stupid and didn't install Open SSH when I had the chance.

iFile is also something you have to get from Cydia correct!?

So NOT an easy fix..because well CYDIA IS CRASHING! THERE IS NO WAY FOR ME TO GET INTO CYDIA! hahaha I don't think people are understanding that without having the proper files from Cydia you can't SSH.

Im not super tech savy, I mean being a girl I know more than my friends do about iPhones and jailbreaking and all that, but im also not a master hacker. I can fix the problem if I had the correct files.
Seeing as I don't I will have to wait for a fix.:mad:

im gonna give it until tomorrow at noon. Then im gonna restore and rejailbreak and add Rock lol

Qanbar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2009
Well Cydia is now working for me. Didn't use any of the solutions on here I just gave it a break for a day and hey presto it worked. Lol

iphonegeek786

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2009
ZEbra, look up cyder it is program that lets you install cydia programs without having to go to the cydia app. LISTEN!!!

mecmec

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2008
Thanks!

Also used the xsellize methode.

Cydia is working again.

A big thanks for helping me out.

I also always install Rock (even if you preffer to use cydia, It could become handy if there's a problem with cydia.)

zebra18

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2009
My cydia is still crashing..I'm gonna give it a few more hours then restoring..plus I need to download Rock.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
My cydia is still crashing..I'm gonna give it a few more hours then restoring..plus I need to download Rock.

Still?...lol...you might as well restore and jailbreak again like I had posted before. You would of been good by now. It takes no more than 10 minutes of your time.;)

zebra18

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2009
Yay got it working after the restore and rejailbreak and the first thing I did was install that open ssh thing!! hahaha

question..im trying to get everything back on my phone..but its wanting to restore to backup..do I set it up as a new phone? for some reason last time it just synced it didnt ask me this.

PaddyB

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2005
Ireland
hey guys didnt wanna start a new thread so ill post in here, im having major trouble installing apps from cydia, i keep on getting errors like "failed to fetch http://apt.saurik.com/dists/tangelo-3.7/main/i18n/translation-en.bz2 NetDB: open nodename nor servicename provided, or not known"

i have restored & rejailbreaked multiple times now using blackra1n rc3 and still getting the same errors.

i have also tried rock and that wont let me download certain apps too like sbsettings, winterboard

i have posted a few screen caps, hopefully somebody can help

just to note when i first got my iphone i rain blackra1n & cydia with no issues at all but i had to restore my iphone & since then i cannot install apps that were working perfect:confused:

cheers

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 50
  • -2.jpg
    -2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 58
  • -3.jpg
    -3.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 51

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
I used iPhone Explorer to delete the offending file. I too did not have SSH setup and I recommend this app for those who don't want to unjailbreak.

http://www.iphone-explorer.com/

iPhone Explorer wont let me choose the real root directory just the /var/mobile/media options. How did you get around that? I dont have SSh and just looking for a fix besides restore and rejailbreak.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
Well looks like I need the afc2add file for that to work, also on cydia. Bah.

I have dowloaded Cyder but not sure what source I need and what packages to intall? Any help with this would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.