d-link extreme g wireless router

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by johng723, Jun 13, 2004.

1. johng723 macrumors member

so what do you guys thing about the d-link extreme g wireless router? I'm planning on using it in a 1500 square ft. two story, three bdrm townhome. I've heard that the range on the router is pretty good compared to other 802.11g routers.

2. nerd macrumors member

I've got one and it works great. I've been using it for about a month with no problems. The configuration interface is nice. It's really easy to set up MAC filtering, WEP, etc. It has a lot of features that I haven't checked out yet.

As far as range and speed, I don't have any real numbers. I can tell you that I've never seen less than 3 "bars" on the airport icon (even going through a couple of walls and ~100 ft).

3. iBook macrumors regular

Two thumbs up!

The d-link is a great router. I've used mine in a 2-story house and had good reception throughout -- even when I went outside to sit on the back porch. :)

I now live in a 1600-square-foot apartment, and the d-link works equally well.

4. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

I was considering getting the D-link as well. I was going to wait out for an airport express, but i hear that apple's airport base stations have bad signal strength and range in comparison to third-party devices. I don't really need the AirTunes ability, or the portability.

Plus, I just trust D-link so much, all their stuff I've ever gotten has worked perfectly!

5. johng723 thread starter macrumors member

I actually ordered the airport express to use as a print server. I'm hoping that the express will work as a print server with my d-link router network.