D7000 .NEF (RAW) support... HELP MY MACS' ON LSD

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by smoge, Aug 31, 2013.

1. smoge, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

macrumors regular

Jun 14, 2011
    The Nikon D7000 is in the supported list of cameras http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5371

I had no problem viewing .NEF images until Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.06. After this update if I set a .NEF image as my desktop picture and restart my mac, when it reloads my desktop wallpaper becomes pixelated. This was annoying but could be fixed by setting a new image as my desktop wallpaper.

However since the latest Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.08 the problem gets a lot worse. Now the image doesn't become pixelated as before but the colours become weird like my make on an acid trip. [look at attached images]

The problem has also escalated for just the desktop background to preview as well. The thumb nails in finder are still fine its just when i open they in preview they get all messed up.

Any help or suggestions to sort this out would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

[The first image is the original and the second is what it looks like when I open it in preview]

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

Nov 28, 2010
    What if you open the photo in Preview or whatever image editing application you use and save it in a different format like JPEG, PNG or TIFF?
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 14, 2011
    Once Ive converted them to JPEG or whatever (not using preview) they are fine its just when they are in raw. I know this is a work around to just convert them but I used to have no problems before viewing then in .NEF in preview