dad, i trashed the enzo....

Discussion in 'Community' started by 3rdpath, Feb 25, 2004.

1. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    just because you can buy it, don't mean you can drive it...;)

lotsa great trashed exotics here

Attached Files:

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Awww that's messed up. Wasn't there only like 400 of these built?

3. iGav macrumors G3

4. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Well, they weren't built for going to the grocery store to get Grandma's prunes. ;)

5. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

ouch... The thing about wrecking a car is that it's never quite the same afterwards, and I can only imagine what wrecking a car like this would be like...

6. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

There was one guy in the UK that commited suicide in an Maclean F1 a few years ago. He was about to be arrested for insider trading, so he decided to drive at over 200mph into a tree.

7. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

like an insurance company's nightmare.

and by the way, the pages at that site have this really annoying "talking" banner ad on EVERY PAGE with a photo, so I would suggest muting while visiting the site...

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

it would also be nice if the page loaded up correctly...

I keep getting the list of cars layered over the table of images... :(

9. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

If memory serves me correct the Enzo was named after Ferrari's owner? Would be pretty ill if that's his car pictured.

10. takao macrumors 68040

takao

Enzo Anselmo Ferrari was the founder of the company 1898 - 1988 (i think)

'Scudaria Ferrari' was first the Racing Department of Alfa Romeo and split sometiems between 1930-1945
    after the WW 2 it was it's own company

11. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody needs a long slow death for that... That car is ART goddammit! Limited edition ART too.

That car needs a decent burial with a marker that lists it's number and the means of it's destruction.

The driver should be dipped alive in bronze and displayed alongside the car's resting place.:mad:

12. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

If it were, and belonged to my old neighbour, I wouldn't expect it to get past 1st gear...

...I STILL have tormented flashbacks of old Mrs. Dobson driving out of the street to the supermarket in her car (a little Mini) - listening to the bloody thing struggle along the main road for a few kilometres, from the sanctity of my back yard (yes - I could hear it... the poor 1275cc engine labouring under the hopefully grim - yet false - premise that maybe the deaf old bat might decide to change gears at some point...).

Funny thing is - my stupid BROTHER bought the car a few years later...

(Always thought he was a moron - after all, he IS an active PC user...)

...duh!

:rolleyes:

...But I digress - do continue.

13. mvc macrumors 6502a

mvc

In this case, since first gear probably maxes out at about 60mph, you could keep it in first all the way to the shops! :p

14. AhmedFaisal Guest

Quite correct, however...

AFAIK it is now owned by the partially bankrupt FIAT Corporation and there is more than one carmaker out there that (BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen and others) would love to buy Ferrari from FIAT.
    Cheers,

Ahmed

15. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

I liked this one

Attached Files:

16. takao macrumors 68040

takao

Re: Quite correct, however...

Yikes... Volkswagen buying Ferrari would buy the worst thing that could happen to Ferrari... Volkswagen already owns Bugatti that should be neough for them...

didn't ferrari buy Maserati a few years ago ?

at the moment it seems that FIAT getting their business together and start working

17. AhmedFaisal Guest

Re: Re: Quite correct, however...

Well lets hope FIAT doesn't have any ugly sceletons in the locker like a certain other italian company. And that about Volkswagen, I can't really agree with you, Porsche is owned by Volkswagen but can pretty much do its own thing. I doubt Wendelin Wideking (CEO of Porsche) would say that Volkswagen being the owner of Porsche is detrimental for their business. Ferrari would probably turn into something similar as Porsche, an idenpendent entity under the roof of the Volkswagen consortium, same as Audi and Skoda (and who ever else is owned by Volkswagen).
    Cheers,

Ahmed

18. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I like the odd crashes section.

Personally, I've never gotten in a wreck, but if I do I hope it doesn't end up on that site ;).

scem0

19. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

I was looking through the "bad wrecks" and it made me not want to get in a car again!

20. takao macrumors 68040

takao

Re: Re: Re: Quite correct, however...

<offtopic>
    actually without ferdinand porsche there wouldn't be any Volkswagen...he invented the famous 'Kaefer' or 'Bug' in the 30ties-40ties (during the war) because the massmurder-insane-dictator #1 wanted a 'cheap car for the masses'

the result was the KDJ-Car which, a little bit redesigned, was released after the war as the 'bug' from a company named 'Volkswagen' ....
    all of porsches most famous designs like the 911 are based on _that_ car
    and of course Porsche was of the main designers of german tanks

and btw other german manufatures have simliar histories
    BMW: most airplanes engines during WW1 were made by BMW ..the blue-white BMW emblem still reflects this history..it symbols a propeller from an airplane
    Maybach: started business with zeppelin/fighting aircraft engines and made cars after WW1

other older german car manufactures like Horch,Henschel,etc. faded away after the wars ...

of course some like 'Auto Union' (known as Audi), 'Daimler-Benz' (Mercedes),and BMW survived until now
    </offtopic>

21. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

As far as I'm aware that crashed Enzo is for sale, the bidding (according to Auto Car magazine) has reached £187000 so far

22. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

well, it's no surprise... the car in decent shape is, what, $600 grand? what's that in £?

23. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

£320,000 at todays exchange rate

But the UK price of the Enzo was £420,000 which is $794,388 at todays rate, but $646,086 when the Top Gear website tested it.

*edit* And they made 349 "one less than you can sell" and they were all snapped up within days.

24. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*sob*

25. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Re: Re: Re: Quite correct, however...

Porsche GmbH is not owned by VW or any other company. Ownership is controlled by the Porsche family.

Ferrari, Alfa and Maserati fall under the FIAT umbrella, which is now partially owned by GM, so don't worry about them being gobbled up by anyone like VW.

VWAG = VW, Skoda, SEAT, Audi (+Lamborghini), Bentley, Bugatti and maybe one more I'm forgetting.