DailyTimes, Pak.: 16 US troops killed in Taliban attack -- are we given whole picture

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jul 20, 2003.

1. macrumors 601

zimv20

link

don't see it carried (yet) in any US outlets. then we've got this bit from the Independent:
    do we actually have accurate figures for non-death casualties? an ex-MI5 chap i know was recently in a US military hospital in germany. said there is a huge number of american wounded -- way more than the WH is letting on.

2. macrumors member

Back on July 10, the Pentagon put the number of wounded in Iraq at more than 1,000 per CNN. How many did your friend count? 5,000? 10,000?

Reports of combat deaths in that part of the world are often less than accurate. Particularly ones that filter across the border. I'd say that the reliability of those reports are more than a little suspect at this time.

3. macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm very sceptical. Families in the US aren't easy to keep quiet for long, thats a major risk for the WH.

4. macrumors member

5. thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

the daily times (pakistan) is still carrying the story. i found this differing report on CBS.