Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by lhshockey24, Mar 4, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

This thread is for Dallas and the surrounding metroplex (Southlake, Plano, Frisco, etc.) Anyone planning on going to a particular location? I wonder how Best Buy and Wal-Mart will handle the launch.

2. macrumors regular

I was in line for the iPhone 4 last June at Stonebriar Mall in Frisco at 11pm. They kicked everybody out (disbursed the line) at something like 2am that morning. Talk about a disaster! I really hope security and Apple have a better plan arranged this time! I'm thinking I may try to get off work early and get in line at around 1:00pm

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm assuming lines won't be as crazy as iPhone lines an I also don't see shortages either...

4. macrumors newbie

Southlake

I'm going to try to get there after school, so about 3 o'clock. Do you think this will be enough time? i'm going to the southlake store

5. macrumors 65816

Knowimagination

if BB won't let me buy one on launch day then I will probably be in line at the Knox St store

6. macrumors 68020

scirica

Southlake

I'm thinking leaving work early on Friday and heading to the Southlake store will be a fun way to start off my weekend. I'm also hoping this isn't as crazy as an iPhone launch. I don't think it will be.

7. macrumors 6502a

I'm probably going to hit up the northpark store

8. macrumors 65816

I noticed today that someone is already in line at the Knox Henderson store. They had a tent setup.

9. macrumors 65816

Working from home that day, probably head to Willow Bend around 2pm.

10. macrumors 65816

Knowimagination

Probably the same guy that was on the news before the iPhone 4 launch.

11. macrumors newbie

what time do you think you'll get there? I'm thinking i will get there at 3 and be okay. I want a white 32 wifi

12. macrumors member

Someone leave one available in Dallas for Saturday... Want to surprise my wife with one for her birthday but won't be able to make a covert shopping trip until Saturday... ;)

13. macrumors 65816

Knowimagination

look like it is just going to be me and iJustin at the knox st store :p

I think I am giving up on Best Buy, because I can't find anything suggesting they will have white available on friday.

14. macrumors regular

Stonebriar

I will head over to Stonebriar about 415. Meeting until 4, then head over after. If they don't have what I want, then Best Buy. Of course still debating on which model to buy, but that's for another thread!

15. macrumors 6502a

DrJohnnyN

Northpark or Knox.

:apple:

Why wait outdoors (Knox) when you can wait indoors (Northpark)?

16. macrumors 68020

scirica

I'll probably head over around 4 and if there's a long line I'll order on the website. As much as I'd love to have another iPad (original was lost) I'm not ready to do another line like I did during the iP4 launch!

17. macrumors 65816

Knowimagination

It is supposed to be a high of 70 and sunny all day friday, why wouldn't someone want to spend some time outside with that nice of weather.

18. alt
    macrumors regular

I'm sick of waiting in lines all night outside....

Has anyone else experienced fights breaking out and stuff? It's crazy...everytime I have done this people would drive up and flame us...eventually getting into physical fights with us..its crazy.

Considering just going to target really early and trying to get one :D

19. macrumors 65816

With all these places selling the iPad 2 (Apple Store, Best Buy, Target, Walmart) I really wonder if there will be much of a line at all.

20. macrumors 6502

I will be at Stonebriar @ 3pm on friday...hoping for the best, still debating which store will be better Stonebriar or Willowbend

21. macrumors newbie

Willow Bend

I live a minute away from Stonebriar but I seriously dislike that mall. I'll be at Willow Bend around 4:30!

22. macrumors 6502

I really dislike ALL malls, but Friday I will have to suck it up. It will be a game time decision between WB and SB.

23. macrumors regular

Stonebriar is on my way home. I work on Preston, live off Preston. See the SB folks about 415!

24. macrumors newbie

Fort Worth Anyone?

No one has mentioned the Apple store in Fort Worth... could mean good things for me! I plan on scoping it out around noon... stocked with school work and snacks!

25. macrumors member

I will be at the Fort Worth store too im not expecting a crowd