Damaged DVD :-(

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by stoid, Apr 2, 2004.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I bought Season 1 of the TV show 24 and want to rip them onto my laptop so that I don't have to carry all the discs with me. I'm using OSEx to pull the .VOB files off the disc, but episode 16 is glitched and so it crashes OSEx. Is there anyway to do error correction on the files like iTunes does with CDs??

2. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

3. g808 macrumors regular

Those are good suggestions to try to repair the disk if it's damaged. I like to use DVD Backup to rip DVDs. Perhaps you could give this a shoot although if the disk is scratched, then I doubt it'd have much more success. If it's not a scratch, then perhaps playing the disk in a player like DVD player or VLC before ripping may help.

4. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

I took a closer look at the problematic discs, and I can't see any scratches on them whatsoever. I bought these on eBay, and so I'm guessing that they are just poor quality discs. (That'll show me to bargin shop :mad: ) They glitch in a DVD player, but eventually make it through the episode although sometime it does crash Apple's DVD player and even make me have to switch off my physical DVD player to reset it. I originally tried to make a disc image with Disk Utility, but it gave me more errors than OSEx. Am I ****ed?