Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karatedave5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2010
Recently I shot some footage using a JVC GY-HM100u camera using a Transcend SDHC card and upon trying to download the footage to my Imac using 10.7.4 with Final Cut pro 10.0.4 I found that it said the card was damaged. I was able to use a program to which appears to have recovered files from the card but I cannot open them in anything. they are .mov files It seems I need to repair them or something.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do as I really need the footage.

Thank You

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Recently I shot some footage using a JVC GY-HM100u camera using a Transcend SDHC card and upon trying to download the footage to my Imac using 10.7.4 with Final Cut pro 10.0.4 I found that it said the card was damaged. I was able to use a program to which appears to have recovered files from the card but I cannot open them in anything. they are .mov files It seems I need to repair them or something.

Thank You

I've found VLC to play some .mov files that quicktime wouldn't. I'd try it out and then maybe export it if it works.

Robert24

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
About MOV file repair on Mac

Hi,

I am a Mac user and some time ago i had similar problems as my MOV file got corrupted. I would suggest you to first mov using repair mov mac utility which i used and then try to convert into other MOV file. If you have any problem in downloading software, don't be shy to reply back. Good Bye!

Tennesseeguy

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2012
I think you should know exactly what's wrong with the MOV video. If it is just that the first few frames are imcomplete, you can use a repair software to fix it. But if every frame is damaged beyond repair, in which case you're out of luck.

AeroQTech

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013

Hi karatedave5,

In case you still the footage back then you could diagnose the unplayable files restored from your card using MP4repair.org. It will show you the chances to repair those files.

In case no good results are found then using you iMac you could scan your card again using Treasured.

--Javier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.