Damn it all to bloody hell.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Chundles, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I just got a letter from the Australian National University saying that my application for a position in the Graduate Diploma of Science Communication was unsuccessful.

This was the first thing I'd put all my effort into since Uni, the course suited me down to the ground, travelling around Australia doing science shows for kids and communities who otherwise couldn't make it to the big cities.

I was so psyched about it, I haven't been so excited about anything for a long time and right in the middle of a massive migraine after a week of laryngitis, a chest infection and a head cold I get this bloody letter.

I don't apologise if people take offence to the title of my thread and I'll take anyone to task who wants to complain about it. Trust me, in this mood you don't want to be arguing with me.

Bugger damn hell.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Sorry to hear that, Chundles...sounds like a great program. :(

Are there any similar programs there or elsewhere you could apply to? Or can you reapply at a later date?

3. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Next year I'll try again but just so bloody pissed off right now.

4. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Look on the bright side, perhaps that university building is slated to be blown to smitherines in the future by a terrorists attack.. and this is God's way of saving your life from the future. :)

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

6. bartelby macrumors Core

That sucks Chundles! :(

7. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Thanks snookums. ;)

8. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Right now I'm trying to combat what seems to be a crotch rot from hell with some clotrimazloe anti-fungal cream that doesn't seem to be working. Oh.... the burning itch.... :eek:

9. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Try wetting the area with water and then dust it with Sodium Hydroxide crystals. It'll make you forget all about the burning itch...

10. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

When one door closes, two doors of opportunity open up. :)

When I applied for a job in retail, I was turned down. Two months later, I got accepted to work at the company's head office instead at a higher salary. Imagine if I had not been turned down.

11. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Yeah, the burning itch will stop, but the burning, bloody groinal mess will insue thereafter... Either that or it'll fix you right up good as new. But the question is my friend... Deal or no deal?

However, unlucky fella, these things happen. It will come good, don't get yourself down about it life is wayyyyyy too short.

12. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

It's the rendering of the fatty tissue beneath his skin that'll get him the most.

13. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

lol, agreed. That tends to cause a certain amount of discomfort in everyone. ;)

14. wimic macrumors regular

wimic

you know Chundles... I've noticed that in previous threads you were rather cold and harsh toward some people - brutal honesty perhaps... either way, i think that posting completely negative threads that are virtually intended to pick fights amongst members are ridiculous
    anyways - the point to my replying to you is that i think it's pathetic for you to feel the need to boast your rebellion in people's faces by being so unapologetic... people deal with rejection every day - despite how much they feel they deserved whatever it is that they strived for was.

suck it up muffin - life could be worse.

15. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Wow. Either I'm missing the sarcasm boat or...wow. When it come time to nail the perfect situation, it hurts. Tack on physical pain...so much for "you still have your health"

I'm sorry to hear that Chundles, and it makes me feel sort of awkward having my thread so close. You probably don't want to hear this, but cheer up. You're good people. A bit too open for my taste, on occasion, but still good people. Things will work out - it's not like you're aspiring to be position of EvilMan (Destroyer of Good, Harbinger of Doom), but something good for everybody. Those are the aspirations that eventually get rewarded.

16. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Well, I don't think I could disagree more. I must stick up for my internet buddy Chundles here *Waves* and say that really, this thread was far from intended to pick a fight with anyone and rather more a place for a respected forum member to vent without the added Political Correctness that is so overly required by everyone in this modern nanny state of a world we live in, infact, that is possibly what I respect Australians for the most, their 'So? It's my opinion, although I respect yours it still doesnt mean I agree just because the news says I should' attitude. Fair enough, right? I'd say so. Anyway, going rather off topic.

Although I must agree with that point fully, I do not however, agree with our way of putting your point across. We all do things in the heat of the moment, and I will freely call anyone a liar if they try to say they have complete control over themselves at all points, wether it be something they say or do as a result of something else.

However, in replying to said thread with your above post I believe my friend you are now classed as 'fair game' so do have fun all. :)

17. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I think you win the "I missed the point of this thread" award for today.

[​IMG]

I think it'll fit nicely in your... collection. :)

Kidding with ya mate. I'm the first one to know that Aussie humour isn't cross-Ocean-compatible. :p

18. wimic macrumors regular

wimic

Thanks Mad Jew I appreciate the sentiment... but as pretty as it is, I have to negate. I didn't misunderstand the point of this thread, I simply thought that it's point was kind of... well... pointless.

People get upset and feel cheated everyday - life goes on. They don't necessarily get on a forum and bitch and complain about it and then cop an attitude with the very people from whom they're going to be consoled by.

I do realize that I could have paraphrased my comments, but I refrained from doing so deliberately. Chundles makes a habit of picking other people apart and posting a lot of rude comments to them - I thought he deserved a taste of his own medicine.

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Not our Chundles, surely? He's all sweetness and light, mostly.

:cool:

20. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Rude? Somehow I don't think so. Rude would be saying "Go and get f***ed you ****" but I don't recall ever saying that to anyone.

Thanks for the sentiment wimic, I do realise that life goes on, trust me, I do and I am "sucking it up" as I often tell others to do. Surely you're not going to begrudge me the chance to simply vent my frustration? If you are then mad jew's trophy would go well in your cabinet.

21. MarkCollette macrumors 68000

MarkCollette

Have to go with wimic on this one. Your first paragraphs were good venting, but this part here was ludicrous.

22. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Meh, don't really care. I was annoyed and I'm not removing it. All's good today, the apartment is clean, it's nice and cool and raining for a change.

23. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Sorry to hear that mate, it sounded like a great opportunity. I'm sure something else will pop up in the mean time and then you can have another crack at it next year.

24. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's raining? Now I'm ****ed off! Send some down this way, ya selfish bastard!

25. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

'King oath max, going to take the time to make as much money as I can and then see where I want to go. I've got about 2 years of really cheap international travel left so I might do a trip through Europe.