Damon Hill new president of BRDC

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iTwitch, Apr 29, 2006.

1. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Damn he still reminds me of Anthony Perkins, if I saw him coming with a knife in his hands I probably run screaming like a girl.

Anyway, is the BRDC still running Silverstone? If so, hopefully he can secure Silverstones place in the F1 lineup.

2. iGav macrumors G3

I believe so...

I hate the BRDC with a passion... they bought about the decline and demasculination of the Silverstone track, rather spending the money on building new facilities only for their little exclusive club.

They should get Bernie in, and give the place a straightforward f**k over to bring it up to scratch, the BRDC have had their opportunities... and have done pretty much f**k all with them.

3. iTwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

From what I read the only way anything gets done at Silerstone is for Bernie and the FIA to cancel the event.

I hate to see either Silverstone, Monza or Monaco go, they are the three tracks that symbolize F1 to me but they do pale compared to the more modern circuits.

I liked Portugal alot with it's elevation changes but there was no room to expand. The newer tracks are boring, especially visually.

Oh well, I'm bored so bring on the Nurburgring!