Dan Savage= Epic Fail..

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Squadleader, Apr 30, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

2. macrumors 6502a

kavika411

He called the Christians "pansy-asses." Thank goodness he didn't make a joke about the Christians using pink bowling balls.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

In an anti bullying speech !! .....:eek: (kinda funny HIM calling them pansy-asses tho...):p

4. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I have no respect for that guy after the ECU episode. The show portrayed a completely inaccurate image of a great university. This takes it to a new level, wow.

5. macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

6. macrumors 6502a

kavika411

For what reason are you calling out Squadleader? You have me interested.

[insert Bazooka Joe joke here]

7. macrumors 68030

Last time I checked there was no organized effort by homosexuals to deny any and all rights to Christians - or comparing the practice of Christianity to having sex with animals like Rick Santorum did.

Poor bullied Christians - who if they weren't so busy trying to deny rights to others no one would even give a damn about.

8. macrumors G5

yg17

[​IMG]

9. macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Methinks he doth protest too much.

Sorry, I don't time to waste with annoying people.

;)

10. macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Nope, he pretty much nails it.

And "Epic Fail" is old dude...grow up.

11. macrumors 65816

citizenzen

Would you prefer Savage's "gigantic boner"?

12. macrumors 68000

Sydde

Sorry? Does Dan Savage seem like a pansy to you?

13. macrumors 6502

bagelche

I think you might need to review the definition of "bully". He did no such thing. What he did do was point out that those who use the Bible to support bullying LGBT youth (and those perceived as such regardless of actual orientation) are hypocrites as they selectively cherry pick from Leviticus and other parts of the bible.

I think his use of the word "************" is counterproductive, but there was no bullying in what he said.

You also make the false presumption that all Christians are anti-equality. It is not so. Since many Christians believe in equal rights for LGBT folks, it is impossible for a criticism of the use of the Bible by some to oppose those rights to be a categorical affront against all Christians.

14. macrumors 65816

People have no right for their religion to be respected, no one is born a Christian. If you can't handle people pointing out that your religion supports slavery, child murder, rape, pedophilia then maybe you should pick another religion.

And if you can't stand to hear your own beliefs read back to you, then yes you are a wimpy little pansy.

----------

At least we have an unbiased source to explain how ECU operates :rolleyes:

15. leekohler, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012

macrumors G5

leekohler

Aww! It's so tough for you isn't it? Waa, waa, waa! OMG! You've had your jobs and housing taken from you, can't visit your SO in the hospital, can't get married, just because you're Christian!

Oh wait... :rolleyes:

OMG, we homos are such bullies! We're such terrible people for standing up to you and calling out your BS!!

When we stand up for ourselves, we're just terrible! :rolleyes:

What is so wrong in your life that you have to worry about what other people do? Dan Savage stood up for us and finally told you to get your noses out of other people's business. He finally told you to **** off. And good for him and us.

Wow- we must really scare you if this is all it takes.

What scares you so much? Do you wanna blow a guy? Because trust me, most homophobes do.

Tell me, OP- what was Savage wrong about? And get ready for a fun fight, I was raised by fundamentalists. I know the Bible quite well. I'm tired of your crap. If you think you're being bullied, I don't even know what to say, other than- welcome to what you've done to others for years. It's called karma. And you deserve what you get.

16. macrumors 604

chrono1081

I am one of those Christians that believe in equal rights for all. The Bible doesn't say homosexuality is wrong (it does if you take it completely out of context, something many people do to justify their own hate towards others).

What the Bible DOES say is to love one another as you do yourself and that no one but God has the right to judge others.

If I were a preacher I'd offer gay marriage ceremonies and make sure my congregation knew that its OK to be gay. If it wasn't then God wouldn't let people be born gay.

17. leekohler, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012

macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course, but you're missing the point. People hide behind religion to justify their views. They use religion to discriminate or do other horrible things. Religion, is load of horse ****, just like Santa Claus. We as humans, have no idea what is going on in the universe. But yet, we feel the need to judge others with our particular religions, which are ALL a load of crap. No one knows what happens when we die. NO ONE. That is the truth.

18. macrumors 604

chrono1081

Oh I assure you I am well aware of that point ;)

Its why I do not go to church anymore. Too many people cherry pick in order to justify their prejudices.

19. macrumors 65816

citizenzen

I have to admit two things ...

1. I don't understand what that speech had to do with high school journalism.

2. I thought this thread was about Michael Savage.

:eek:

20. macrumors 65816

I'd like to reiterate a previous post. Mr. Savage nailed it.

That was NOT bullying. If you think it is, then you've never been bullied.

21. macrumors 68000

Sydde

Well, I disagree. I was born a christian, it took years of sodo- therapy for me to get past it. Everybody is different, but I found the indoctrination to have left nasty scars on my psyche: religion is child abuse, and I will never apologize for that "offensive" statement, because I have lived it.

22. macrumors G5

jav6454

Everybody cherry picks... it's there own interests.

23. macrumors regular

mudslag

In what way were you "born a christian"? You are not born believing in any religion or god, you can be raised/indoctrinated into believing or you can choose to believe but in no way are you born a "blank" religion.

24. macrumors 65816

citizenzen

I have a problem with the venue though.

I'd sure like to know why the speaker chose that moment to vent.

What did any of that have to do with high school journalism?

25. Happybunny, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012

macrumors 68000

Happybunny