Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skoker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
CNN reporting Dane Reeve dead of lung cancer. She was 44.

capone2

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2005
chelsea-nyc
im in shock

i cant believe it ? God only 44 and didn't smoke.....horrible. the boy is only 13 ? no ? that is the saddest story i have ever heard.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
So sad to hear this. I can only half imagine how I could possible feel if both my parents died when I was in my teenage years.

Best of wishes to the young one.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Dana will always be fondly remembered for her remarkable dedication to her husband during the years following his paralysis. She gave special meaning to the "for better or worse" part of marital vows.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
This is such sad news.... I really wondered a while back when she was publicly saying that she was "beating this thing" -- so I'm not surprised now that in fact it beat her. Very sad....

Gosh, that family really has had more than its share of tough things.... I really feel for young Will; losing both his parents within a fairly short time period and during his own short lifetime having to deal with so many issues around his father's disability and then his mother's illness, with fame thrown in on top of all that.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Sad that both Chris and Dana died so early, and that they went through such tragedy together; sad that their kid is now without either parent. Makes your heart feel heavy just thinking about it. :(

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Deepdale said:
Dana will always be fondly remembered for her remarkable dedication to her husband during the years following his paralysis. She gave special meaning to the "for better or worse" part of marital vows.

Yeah, I think anyone would be lucky to have a wife (or husband) so loyal......someone who really DID love Supes so much that she would never leave him.

I feel most sorry for their son, though. His most prominent memories are of hardship, celebrity, tragedy, death and disease. :eek:

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Abstract said:
Yeah, I think anyone would be lucky to have a wife (or husband) so loyal ... I feel most sorry for their son, though.

Dana was an extraordinary woman and her son Will has experienced more profound sadness in his 13 years than most people do their entire lives. I caught the end of Access Hollywood yesterday ... the program allowed viewers to send messages to Will on their website and were quickly overwhelmed with postings, some of which were read during the broadcast.

They expressed wonderful heartfelt sentiments from those who were moved by both his parents, and the dignity and grace displayed as they coped with life's hardship and adversity. Will can expect to have many caring people watching over him and guiding him through to adulthood.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.