Dang it! No iMac before Black Friday!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by intz2nu, Nov 20, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Even though I'm awaiting the release of the 27" models due in Dec. I'm still dying to see the release of the 21" models so people can get an idea of what the upgrade options and prices will be like on the 27" units. Black Friday is this week and I had thought Apple was gonna do it before people blows out all their cash on B-Friday. I guess (or so far) that the iMacs won't attack till the far end times of the month.

2. macrumors member

It reminds me of a song, it is sad, so sad, it is a sad-sad situation.

3. macrumors 6502a

I'm going to be staring at a new thunderbolt display and 32GB of ram for over a month... impatiently waiting...

4. macrumors regular

Sorry seems to be the hardest word for Apple

5. macrumors 68040

xgman

Friday, November 30th at 11:59 pm for the 21".

1 minute before singing Auld Lang Syne for the 27".

6. macrumors 6502a

I think they'll release it next week to avoid the obligatory BF discount. Tuesday perhaps?

Heck, i'd be surprised if they offered a discount on the iPad mini...

7. macrumors 6502a

Agreed.

8. macrumors member

I have a feeling that waiting til after Black Friday was not a coincidence....

9. macrumors 6502a

APPLE-FANATIC

People may be out of money after Black Friday!! :p

I for one who cant wait, already purchased my Thunderbolt External Drive loaded with files, just waiting to plug it into a new iMac!!

10. macrumors newbie

Agree. Apple is not stupid. And the BF will help her to increase the sells.

11. thread starter macrumors regular

Curious....uhmm....how exactly could sales increase if people spent lots on BF?:confused:

12. macrumors 6502a

I think they mean if someone is out shopping and wants to make a big purchase on black friday, they might say "oh, this iMac is beautiful, let's get it" or "this TV is super nice, let's get it" if the iMac isn't available, then obviously they aren't going to think about that and will spend the money on a different big item...

I'm not talking about people like us that already want the new iMac and know it's coming, but "regular" people that might have nothing but a slight interest in getting a new mac but not really sure, but also have other big ticket items in their wish list

13. macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

I think they're not giving discounts on iPad 4, iPad Mini, and iPhone 5. They very well could roll the iMac into this "no discount" category.

I hope we are able to order the iMac soon, but I have a feeling it'll be some time next week.