Danica Patrick's talking NASCAR

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iSaint, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Bait and switch us into an episcopal site .... [​IMG]

2. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

3. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

fixed.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I think she should stay in open wheel cars, were her size would be a definite advantage. I'm sure Ron Dennis wouldn't mind having a test driver that could actually FIT in the car. ;)

5. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

As far as driving I think there still is an attitude in F1 that women can't handle the physical stress. I think an F1 testing role would be great and possibly settle the issue.

6. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

I initially thought "The new Anna Kournakova" of the redneck set, but her record in open wheels isn't THAT bad, just no wins. Nascar will be fine with her, and by god she has the choice, right?

7. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

She hangs with the big boys in the IRL - especially at Indy. But she does better when she's not in a crowd. In Nascar it would be door to door and my guess is that she would become racing friends (at the back of the pack) with the likes of Michael Waltrip and Kyle Petty - although Kyle's dad Richard doesn't think too highly of women in Nascar :rolleyes:

8. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Would she be able to see over the steering wheel?

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Nascar is about Sponsership 1st, Racing 2nd. So I would say it could happen. Anything to draw attention is good. Sounds like politics doesnt it but come to think about it these same corporations that you see on the side of NasCars are the same corporations telling our current govt what to do and setting our policy.