Danish club?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Josias, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

From what I've found out so far, there are 12 Danes on this forum.
    Josias
    Pressure
    Temujin
    jimbo110
    Jiddick ExRex
    KLOOJVE
    Flenz
    mcadam
    hansen
    NJuul
    XipDK
    Thrash911

I know there is another one, Dr. something something, but I lost all track of him.

Anyways, I wanted to request seperate sticky threads or sub-forums for geographical gropus. First for the fun of it, but also to be able to speak your native language.:D I talked to Mudbug about this before, but it never really got any further. If anybody supports this idea, speak up!:D

2. Lau Guest

I thought this thread would be about pastries. :(

3. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

Not very constructive responses, but okay.

Danish pastery is highly overrated. Anyone actually seeing this the positive way?:rolleyes:

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Yeah? I saw 'Danish club' and was thinking along the lines of these or these... ;)

5. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

I don't really see the need for it really. There are danish Mac related sites if you feel the need to write in danish. www.mediamac.dk is one of em. Nothing compared to Macrumors but it's still there.

The segregation by nationality is a bad idea IMO. We should promote a more globalized approach here at Macrumors.

6. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

Øv! Du skal altid ødelægge det sjove!:p Mediamac stinker!

Meh, jeg synes bare en sticky tråd ville være fint. Hvad siger du til det?

Awww! You always have to spoil the fun!:p Mediamac stinks!

Meh, I merely though a sticky thread would be fine. What do you think of that?

7. Lau Guest

The first problems that spring to mind is how is it going to be moderated? The mods here (probably) don't speak Danish.

Multiply that problem by the number of nationalities on here, and that's a lot of specific mods (and that just isn't going to happen), not to mention that the first page would be nothing but stickied nationality threads.

8. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

I actually just asked for a Danish one, and in case there were too many, a sub forum easily could be made.;)

9. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

Sorry man, can't help it :) I really like the idea of perceiving Macrumors members as Macrumors members (or Mac users), and not dedifferentiate between nationality. It creates a sense of togetherness within the community IMO.

10. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

Yeah, I didn't mean this as a way of splitting the members into different societies.

BTW, I looked at Mediamac. They have Dell commercials!:p

11. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You eat enough Danish pastries and you're going to have a sticky thread.

Considering that we got rid of the Spanish thread already, unless someone in charge really wants a bunch of foreign language threads to moderate, it won't happen.

12. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Danish Club??

I thought you were talking about this dirty little place...

link

13. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Å nei, I don't think "sticky" is a Danish word, heh. :p Guess the nearest thing is "klæbrig".

Danish is an incredibly beautiful language, by the way. I get weak in the knees whenever a guy speaks Danish to me. :D

But I agree with the others - best to keep this forum English, at least mostly. It's always possible to throw in a word or sentence in whatever, here or there, for fun.

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Well, in that final Spanish thread, I read a lot of things that shouldn't be out in the open in any forum. I know that I'm more concerned about a certain level of civility but how crude should people be in public or in a forum?

15. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

Eventhough I am Swedish and therefor understands Danish, I really dont see the point. We are here to exchange ideas and information. I can't see how that would be benefitted by a partition of MR members into isolated sub-groups. I just don't see...
    I am with Temujin here. If you want to post in "scandi", you will not have any problems finding Scandinavian Mac forums. Here you find a Swedish forum with people from all over Scandinavia.

16. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I'm sure all on your list are great Danes, but why would you ask for this after upbraiding someone for speaking Spanish in the other thread? And rather rudely.

17. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Jeg er sikker at finnes man mer Nordmenn, men det er ikke en norsk sticky for den.

(I'm not Norwegian, so please excuse my Norwegian...)

18. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Indeværende er fik klistret.
    (This is getting sticky.) :p

19. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

That one was actually not bad. Not good, mind you :p , but understandable.

That one's just plain scary. :eek: :D

No reason for crudity at all, IMO. Throwing in a word here and there for fun shouldn't be used to cover over something that otherwise wouldn't be permitted. And the odd word should be translated, as well.

20. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I have no idea what the translator put out there.....I guess I'd better not even guess. :eek:

21. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

It was just scary because it was about as wrong as you can get, hehe.

Indeværende = current, present (like "this year")

er = is, are

fik = if this is like the Norwegian "fikk", it can be a main or modal verb, and means various things having to do with "got", "managed" or "received", as in "I won that prize", "I got that job/letter/book etc", "I managed to get that done"

klistrert = stuck, glued, taped (as in "The stamp is glued to the envelope")

Ok, back to topic...:eek:

22. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Thanks for explaining. You're right. It was scary.
    As you were. :D

23. Josias thread starter macrumors 68000

Josias

WTF? I never told anyone not to speak Spanish.:confused:

BTW: klistret/klæbrig=sticky.;)

I just spoke to KLOOJVE, and he supports the idea. w00t!:D

24. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Josias Please accept my apologies. The offensive post in that particular thread was removed shortly after it was up, and the poster banned. In all the confusion, I'd thought I remembered that it was you. My bad. :eek: