Daredevil movie [R]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juventuz, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Some spoilers so if you don't want to read it don't go any further....

Ok so my fiancee and I went to see Daredevil tongith and I've got two words to describe it... sucked balls!

I've been reading Daredevil since I was 12, so that's about 15 years now and I was SORELY disappointed in it. I enjoyed Spider-Man and loved X-Men but this heaping pile of crap left a sore taste in my mouth.

The acting was cheesy, except for Favreau. He did a great job and was some much needed relief. Affleck was ok as was Garner. Farrell, next to Favreau, was one of the stand out performances.

If you read the comic you will sit there and just cringe at the ways they ruined the story. They changed the way Murdock became blind and it added absolutely NOTHING to the story. They could have left it the original way and it would have been fine.

Also, what the hell was up with him "seeing"? They made it so he can see soundwaves in his head. It was absolutely dreadful, not to mention they have him sleeping in a metal coffin filled with water. Ughh!

I was just expecting too much, well not really but none the less. Wait for video.

I give this 1 star out of 4. blah! Kevin Smith said this was the best comic adaptation to date, he couldn't have been more WRONG!

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I didn't read further bc I haven't seen it yet, but I just wanted to
    say that I can't WAIT to see it. It looks AWESOME, but the stunts
    look very fake. Who the hell cares though, it looks great. I'm a
    kung fu action flick freak though... ;) :D :rolleyes: :D

3. job macrumors 68040

job

i've heard it was pretty bad.

i'd rather go see 25th hour or about schmidt than daredevil, but my gf wants to go see it.

just cause ben affleck and farrell are in it.

ah well. no telling what sort of mood she'll be in after we see it.

4. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

It was an "alright" movie. Thank God, I never read the comic because it probably would've sucked more

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

it's decent. Jennifer Garner (from TV's Alias) RULES!!! She was great in the movie (to tell you the truth the movie would have been trash if it weren't for her) and she's a Mac user too...

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

are you implying she's gonna get horny from watching those two guys and thus be frisky? goodness i hope not!

7. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

25th Hour is the worst Ed Norton film... EVER.

About Schmidt is okay.. it has an odd flavor. I enjoyed it but everyone I saw it with thought it sucked. Go see it, if you liked 'Death To Smoochy' I think you'll dig it. I felt it was very funny (AboutSchmidt) but most of the people in theatre didn't seem to laugh... (when he came home and found the vaccum cleaner running.. I laughed SO HARD.) no one else did.

I have still yet to see Bowling For Columbine.. i know, i suck.

8. job macrumors 68040

job

actually...

no.

she also claims that jennifer garner is her "hero."

still have not gone to see it yet. might today.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

"Entertaining action adventure movie. There were sparks between Garner & Afleck. Garner & Farlie steal the show." Sarah Edwards, Entertainment Reporter WHDH-7 Boston, MA