Darn Canon Paper Jam for Days! Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by andreab35, Apr 4, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Hey guys!

Alrighty, I'm really in a "jam" with this Canon Printer of mine!

For reference, it's a Canon MP480 that came with my MacBook Air purchase back in December.

Anyways, about last week, I was going to print a document that was four pages in length. I put the paper in correctly and I started to print. When I clicked print, the printer started up, fed a sheet of paper a 1/4 of the way and started complaining about a paper jam.
    So, I removed all the paper from the tray, that wasn't even jammed. I hit ok, and to this today, the printer states there is a paper jam, when there is no paper ANYWHERE!

Basically, the printer is now useless because it won't do anything before I "clear" the paper jam. I stuck my fingers down the printer, I opened the cover, and everything possible.

I'm out of luck. I need to print a lot of things, and I can't because I'm left with a useless printer.

Any suggestions? If all else fails, should I take it to the Apple Store or something?

Thank you!!! :D

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Well, I just figured out the paper jam issue.
    I stuck a piece of 8x11 card stock in the printer, fed it through 1/4 of the way, then it complained of a paper jam. I pulled the card stock out, error is gone.

Now I'm left with a bigger problem, the paper will not feed!
    I looked all over online for suggestions. I did the "clean the rollers" function. I forced fed the paper all the way through the printer since it didn't want to suck it up. Barely anything came out. But at the end, it complained of a paper jam again.

What the heck is going on?

Since this is in fact a 3rd party product (although I do have the receipt still), Apple won't take this thing back?

I'm in desperate need because I have so many papers to print out!

Thank you! :)