Dashboard on Desktop Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Over Achiever, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

I see if I press F9-F12 while setting up Dashboard, I can place widgets onto the desktop. However, when I press F12 to access my other widgets, the widget is removed from the desktop and is placed instead on the dashboard screen. Is there a way around this, can I keep only the widgets I want on the desktop and the rest on the dash?

2. shuurajou macrumors regular

Sorry to answer you question with another question, but is it possible to keep a single widget fixed in the background?

3. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

this is essentially the same question the parent poster is asking.

it seems that you can temporarily store widgets on the normal desktop, but as soon as you pop dashboard back up it is removed from the desktop and is back on the dashboard. Either apple decided to implement this for times where you just need access to one widget at a time and use it with other applications, or it's a bug.

4. parkds macrumors regular

Somebody on macnn's message boards is pretty confident being able to drag a widget onto the desktop is a bug. I like having the ability, but right now it isn't implemented too well.

5. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

well i hope it's a bug that stays. in fact i hope they expand the widget idea so that you can basically treat it as konfabulator. i don't want a ton of widgets on my desktop, but i'm sure i'll find a use for at least 1 or 2 once in awhile. if anything i like having the dictionary widget available on the desktop when i'm doing some things with it, better than switching back and forth from the dashboard.